ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2015 Hyundai Genesis. Would you?

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
The genesis is returning to UK and Aus in RHD form. Do you think it'll sell in these markets against competitors from the same segment? It'll be priced around £40k.

[video=youtube_share;VTEZtkLtBw4]http://youtu.be/VTEZtkLtBw4[/video]

I have driven the KDM Genesis and I think its a very good car. Shame it doesn't have a Diesel engine. However, the new Sonata does but doesn't come in RHD form. Also the lack of adaptive LED even as an option is showing it's not a truly premium car yet.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Outside the warranty, i really don't know what would possess anyone to have one over a well spec'd A4/3'er/ et al?

It'll never sell well in the UK, but will probably do OK in Australia and the US I'd say.
Having been in a couple when I lived in Korea, they are quality cars.
Decent presence on the road too.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
It's bigger than a 3er but cheaper than the equivalent 5er and of pretty much the same quality with an equipment list that's long.

As as ben said though it won't sell that well in Europe, maybe the pricing will help in Aus and NZ.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Outside the warranty, i really don't know what would possess anyone to have one over a well spec'd A4/3'er/ et al?

It'll probably be more reliable!

Asian stuff on the whole does live up to it's reputation imo of being reliable even if a triffle poor "build" quality.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Jaguar-XF-1.jpg

Sorry, what was the question again?

I like it. I'd consider one if I was in the market for that type of car. Not sure I would buy one over an XF though.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Consider one if you were drunk?

I do like the XF.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Having to sell it under the Hyundai brand and dealers definitely won't help the image.

The XF isn't really the same segment as this though, is it? I think the Sonata is the same segment and that's cheaper and also much nicer that the old Sonata but not available in RHD form. I wonder if the next gen Kia Optima will be coming to the UK.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
[video=youtube_share;Jo3C7DzMuw8]http://youtu.be/Jo3C7DzMuw8[/video]

Wonder if they can price the Sonata competitively with good std equipment. It kind of makes the i40 obsolete though.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I was following a Kia optima (I think)

good looking car IMO.

Thinking back years ago (like 10+) you used to see s**t loads of lagunas and pug 406's and the like. Now you never see anything new in that sector from the FrenchFrench in the uk?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
[video=youtube_share;Jo3C7DzMuw8]http://youtu.be/Jo3C7DzMuw8[/video]

Wonder if they can price the Sonata competitively with good std equipment. It kind of makes the i40 obsolete though.

The Sonata and i40 are the same car, with a different name depending on the market it's being sold in IIRC.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
They are based on the same platform but the i40 is designed in Germany for Europe and the Sonanta in the US. The sonata has the more powerful engines too.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I think it looks dreadful.

Kind of like the car you see in insurance adverts.They kind of look like an audi/ford/Renault that you've seen before but they just look poor.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Certainly not my cup of tea looks wise.

And i've yet to drive a Hyundai/Kia/daewoo or whatever s**t makes are out there, where the gearstick actually feels like it's attatched to anything other than candyfloss.

I'd probably buy a Kia/Hyundai if I wanted a car to get from A to B and I had zero interest in motoring. Or life in general.

Z4
I was following a Kia optima (I think)

good looking car IMO.

Thinking back years ago (like 10+) you used to see s**t loads of lagunas and pug 406's and the like. Now you never see anything new in that sector from the FrenchFrench in the uk?

I was going to write near enough exactly the same thing!
Great looking car, if people could see past the badge it would be a superb mondeo alternative.

Regarding the lack of 406/ Laguna segment, maybe it's because cars have gotten bigger and people are favoring meganes / focus as they're basically the same size? Not it mention people think big car = big engine = big tax/mpg.