ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

20meg running at 2?

172 cup TT
Hi All - thanks to people who helped yesterday with my virgin BB problem. Turned out that the modem(MAC addy) wasnt paired with the new house...

I connected it and it seems to be running at 2meg instead of 20!... getting circa 240k download speeds.. Im guessing this is just a monkey virgin admin problem and a simple call will fix it yes?.. please dont tell me that their Cable 20meg service is rubbish!... I had a 4 meg connection at my other house (1 mile away) and consistently getting 450k per sec..

Cheers all

David

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
When People started calling it virgin and not telewest/blueyonder.. it got s**t.. and has stayed s**t..

Try a few speedtests on speedtest.net and then phone and complain.

R26
Ive got the virgin 20mb package

Its ok through the day as i get around 1600k but on the night this can drop to anything as low as 100k

172 cup TT
Yeh ill give them a buzz soon.. got a chap on the inside who is going to look into it first though and let me know at lunch.. so who knows.. but "as low as 100kb"??? wtf?, thats just totally unacceptable