ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2118 wheel NOT AS GOOD AS I THOUGHT

cup, recovery truck
brought some 2118 wheels for racing as every one seems to rate them but i was shocked how heavy they really are for people to claim there race wheels
i weighed one wheel are 5.5 kg and my car has pro race as road wheels one and one of them with a tyre weights 5kgs lol so got to be about 4 with out the tyre im confused why all the money for some heavy wheels when you can get cheaper and lighter

who else agrees??? i can see there abit stronger but unless your not going banger racing who needs them that bloody strong lol

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Racecars use a lighter version (2120 IIRC) everyone wants to look the same. 2118s have always been too heavy

It's pretty common knowledge they're heavy on here. People choose them because they aren't racing car drivers. They are road users with an occasional trackday.

If you are chasing 10ths then go for as light as you can. If not, then it doesn't matter.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
To be fair, the set I had specifically said competition use only on them, so it's not like they were designed to be lightweight road wheels from the off. It's fairly common knowledge on here that they weigh a lot.

cup, recovery truck
either way il be getting ride of them as you can get lighter for less money and im on a budget to get in to the tin tops soon, well said guys i didnt know they done the 2118s in light weight

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I always thought the 2118 was designed for gravel rallying?

Correct, its a rally gravel wheel and so by design are heavy and strong. The actual competion units are even heavier and are not for road use.

I've got a set of competition Compomotive TH3's in 17x8j for my R19 and they weigh around 7kg each without tyre.

Johnpacey1

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I've got a set of the gravel 2118's, there only 6 inch wide but they do weigh a lot. Next time I take them off I'll weigh them and one of my F1's to compare them.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Surely you could of found this information out before buying them then complaining?

I have them on my road car, least i don't have to worry about them being ruined by pot holes.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
brought some 2118 wheels for racing as every one seems to rate them but i was shocked how heavy they really are for people to claim there race wheels
i weighed one wheel are 5.5 kg and my car has pro race as road wheels one and one of them with a tyre weights 5kgs lol so got to be about 4 with out the tyre im confused why all the money for some heavy wheels when you can get cheaper and lighter

who else agrees??? i can see there abit stronger but unless your not going banger racing who needs them that bloody strong lol

5kgs with a tyre, that seems light.

How come Rimstock list the PR1 & PR1.25 at 6.2kg, the PR3 at 7.2kg and the Pro Rally at 8.0kg for the wheel alone in 15x7?

Nothing at the mo :(
From the sounds of it. you automaticly bought them because everyone else has... and 99.99% of people buy them for looks.. where you are the 00.01% thinking they weigh les then a baby jesus

Never met anyone who was someone who raced or was building a real comp car who would be to naive not to do your own research ..... next you'll admit to having bought spax coilovers too :p

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I never seen 1 person on CS claim they were "race" wheels.