ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

225/40/18 tyre options

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Morning all,

I'm after some reccomendations for decent rubber in the above size for my new wheels.

I'm currently looking at Bridgestone Potenza S001, Contisport 5's etc but cannot make up my mind. Any thing else I should be looking at (Hankooks maybe?)

Cheers,

Chris

172 cup, Impreza P1
Ive got some Goodyear eagle f1 aesimetrics on my Audi A4. Really rate them tbh, the grip is very good and been on for the last 4k. Not sure on wear rate yet but seem to be lasting ok.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
I think i'm down to the Bridgestone S001 or Uniroyal RainSport 3's.. I had Rainsport 2's on my 197 and was pleased with them, but something about the S001's is drawing me in.

There's a wildcard too, Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta's are appealing but that's mainly due to the way they look!

Also, anywhere better than Camskill to order tyres from?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta's are appealing but that's mainly due to the way they look!

Also, anywhere better than Camskill to order tyres from?

Bingo! Fantastic tyres for the money!

Probably not, prices are always fantastic and the service is top notch.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I had Vredesteins on my Mk5GTI and they weren't great in the wet.

Wife has Falkens on her 118d and there pretty good. I would go for Hankooks.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
The Ultrac Sessanta has been replaced with the Ultrac Vorti. Had them on my Focus ST and they were great. Interesting that the experience above differs though. I've used Verdestein Sportrac 3, Ultrac Sessanta and Ultrac Vortis and they all perform well in the wet.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Had pilot sport 3s in 225 40 18 on mine but now have ns2-r things, they're awesome value for money and grip better than the ps3s

I went from pilot sport 3s to falken 914 in this size on the front of my 300bhp focus rs

apart from wearing out a bit quicker, I personally rate them over the michellins.

( the michellins lasted about 8k on the front and cost nearly 180 a pop.

I I got a pair of the falkons fitted for 150. And they lasted just under 5k.

Astra VXR NBG ED
Had pilot sport 3s in 225 40 18 on mine but now have ns2-r things, they're awesome value for money and grip better than the ps3s

I've just had the NS2-R'S in the size the OP is looking for, interesting to see the grip levels!

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
I settled on the Michelin PS3's in the end, being fitted Saturday. I've got some Gtechnic C5 Wheel Armour to go on tonight too.

I got the tyres for £114 each fitted through Black Circles, as well as almost 1,000 clubcard point which is a nice bonus.

Thanks for the advice guys

Chris