ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

250bhp possible on a williams?

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
one of my neighbours who has a williams is telling me he has 250bhp. i've heard him drive past and it does sound beefy. What kind of mods will he need to reach 250bhp, because thats lots of money that needs to be spent to reach that kind of power. He doesnt know whats been done to it as he bought it like that and got told it had that kind of power lol. when i see him next i will ask him to pop open the bonnet to have a little peek.

tiTTy & SV650
a rebuild and a turbo could see that with some breathing mods maybe?

But I'd say there's a good chance the seller bullshitted him?

Rolling road?

Nimbus Clio 197
you make even a Daewoo Matiz sound beefy with an exhaust! yes, unless it has had mods similar to those mentioned, theres no chance

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
turbo, race pistons, lightened and balanced b.e, cams, headwork, throttle bodies, remap... reckon that would do it easy. look at that white tb'd valver, that was 220bhp with no turbo, and i think stan has a similar spec car pushing 216bhp.

Nimbus Clio 197
im sure the guy might have a vague idea that all that kind of stuff had been done on it!!

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
will have to pop around and say hello and pop the bonnet open to see and take a few piccy, his a nice guy but 250bhp is special and il have to see what his done before i belive him, far as he knows its 250bhp and keeps telling me its fast and would leave me behind and leave me crying lol, so i offered him to come santapod on the 13 august to make me cry lol :)
and when i said it sounds beefy it sounds beefy and he hasnt got a aftermarket exhaust all standard looking. so was thinkg maybe tb's.

Sounds a bit like the bloke up the road to me who has a 252bhp mondeo st24 (they are 170bhp) his is totally standard, but according to him its a 'limited edition' more like b*llshit edition.

E ray - take apic under the bonnet of the williams & post it up please.

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
rex said:
Dates changed now dude, been put back to 3rd september

yeh i know it sucks cos im on hoilday on that date but im still going on the 13th of august with some people of here still and a few other mates.

i will take pics of his engine bay when i next speak to the dude and see what is giving it 250 brake, my moneys on the ebay resistors ;)

2005 Nissan Navara
if he bought it like that and he doesnt know the spec, its probs std!

defo bullshitting by the sound sof it.

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
stan* said:
if he bought it like that and he doesnt know the spec, its probs std!

defo bullsh*tting by the sound sof it.

well he seems very confident in whooping my ass when i said mines got around 170. like i said his a nice guy but i think this is one thing that is hmm smell...sniff.... bull.....s**t!

Williams20V-306BHP
LMAO some things really make my day and this is one of them. who in there right mind would by a tunned up clio if they didn't no what spec it was. He sounds like a flid!! Race his ass and prove him wrong. and if he pop's the bonnet and there's a std inlet manifold give him a slap from me... ;).................. no actually 250bhp..... just give him a slap anyway.... :)

yeah but surely the nos tank would give it away ??
the dude would have be pretty silly not to notice the tank;) unless he knows its there & won't let on about it.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
exactly cat....the point i was making though is that 250bhp is easily possible by that alone....

you never know he might think its a fire extinguisher....lol

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Surely it would be nigh on impossible getting the power down through the front wheels on a 250bhp Clio?

My mate has a 300bhp+ Nova Turbo with LSD and it is rapid, and this allows him to get the power down.

J

jamesy

sounds like his been bumped if his been told its got that kind of power and it has no obvious mods under the bonnet it would need to be something major ie tubs,throttle bodies,supercharger;)

250bhp NA tuned on a 2.0

your talking lightened and balanced everything 8.5k -9k revs tb's, and a very high compression ratio ,

would be a stupidly peaky engine as well

that said just look at the s2000.....................