ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2nd car going flat in sympathy.

1.6 16v clio priv
Hey guys I have a 1.6 16v Clio.the battery is about 2 months old bosch silver .
Car was driver about 4 days ago.

This morning the Mrs woke me up because her car was flat, driven yesterday and the battery is 2 weeks old. A Peugeot 307. No problem I thought I'll grab my jump leads . I then found my car was flat too.

Both cars were so flat they wouldn't unlock on the remote. Also found it odd that my alarm didn't go off when I opened the car with the key. Usually opening with the key does not deactivate the alarm and it goes off when opening the door as it has its own backup battery.

I find all this more than a little odd.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Probably coincidence. Check for a drain on the battery, failing that alternator time, maybe :(

1.6 16v clio priv
Both batteries are new, and not the same brand What are the odds.

My Clio's battery is a bosch silver. I replaced it 5 weeks ago. At the time it was a 12 month old Bosch silver that did the same thing. Didnt even have the charge to open the doors.

I've been out today with a tester. Car is drawing 0.0amps when not running. I'd say that means nothing is draining the battery.

When the first battery died I had the AA out who tested and confirmed the car was charging. Just checked it myself and its putting in over 13v.

The Mrs car turned out to be that the radiator fan is not going off at all. Been in for a head gasket recently and its still leaking so I've just dropped it back off at the garage and told them to sort it.