ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3 cylinders spluttering

BG182
Ive had a small misifre for a few weeks now only happening below 2k when i put my foot right down, It only does it slightly sort of a single misfire then pulls as normal all the way.
So yesterday i took it through the revs untill 7k in 3nd gear then i come to a steady stop,
5 minutes later moved off and the car was really misfiring/spluttering, sounding like it was on 3 cylinders.
no eml light, no limp mode etc -
My first suspect was injectors so unplugged one by one and found number 1? (the one at the end next to fuel pressure regulator) had no affect when i unplugged it. So i went to euro and got an injector, fitted it and gave the others a quick blast with the airline. Checked leads were not arcing and sprayed abit of contact cleaner on them
Started it up fine but still misfiring.- Dad used to be a mechanic and confirmed it sounded like it is on 3 cylinders.
I connected rstuner and no fault codes were found.

I put a new pre cat lambda on a few weeks ago
My ht leads are fairly new
spark plugs done around 20k
oil, filter belts etc done 10k ago, after my belt went and had to get another engine dropped in.
Unsure of coilpack mileage
Recently mapped with Ron 98 map/rstuner

The last time i got a misfire was in heavy rain after going through a very deep puddle it fcked the lambda
It had been raining hard yesterday whilst i was driving but wasnt when the misfire occured...

My fear is a burned valve :/ :/
Anyone had anything similiar ?
Any knowledge/input would be appreciated cheers.
Sam

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
It would be well worth pulling the plug out and swapping it with another one, see if the misfire follows it to the next cylinder. Could you borrow leads and coil pack from someone local as well?

BG182
i have the old set of leads i could try tomorrow, no i dont think id be able to get hold of a coilpack. By plug do u mean sparkplug 1?