ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

330bhp 106 gti :O

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  RB 200 Cup!
only a 5 sec 0-60 - surely itd be a hell of a lot more quicker than that

8k as craig said - f**k that

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  RenaultSport Megane R26.R
BIG BIG power, but not the easiest to get down on to the road. Lol.

I owned 106 GTi's for 4 years, before just selling up and ordering the 197. Great little cars, but £8,000 does seem a little steep.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Dodgy one
All that power i'd have to have a cage in it and id be running it on 888s, AO48s or the likes, fook road tyres + no safety in a crisp packet with 300bhp

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  106 GTi
BIG BIG power, but not the easiest to get down on to the road. Lol.

I owned 106 GTi's for 4 years, before just selling up and ordering the 197. Great little cars, but £8,000 does seem a little steep.

You got good money for yours quit your jibber jabber ;)

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  M2 / Golf GTI
Surely that must have had some strengthening to the chassis (havn't read the ad) im sure you would have a good bit of twisting with that power going down.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having read it again, he doesn't mention what boost it holds etc, that 337bhp fig could be at a very high psi, plus if it is it'll not last long.

I just can not see it being 337bhp (I could be wrong of course) 200 or so yeah, not over 300 though.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Dodgy one
I know where you can get a Supercharged 306 rallye, with a cracking spec for similar price, would rather have the 306 TBH

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  535d / t5 caravelle
For 8 grand i would happily have a trophy or something instead :D maybe thats just because i love everything clio :D

agreed, well on the 8k bit, but it wouldn't be on a trophy either, evo or similar for me

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Ph1
Having read it again, he doesn't mention what boost it holds etc, that 337bhp fig could be at a very high psi, plus if it is it'll not last long.

I just can not see it being 337bhp (I could be wrong of course) 200 or so yeah, not over 300 though.

Agree. First thing i thought was, 337 from only those mods ! :S

I think the RR pic could be miss-leading folk to belive thats the proof of its actual power.. maybe

Looks well built though

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  LY 200
wonder what gear he used on the rolling road and if the tyres slipped creating a peak power?

oh and the car itself

http://www.frenchhothatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86

FrenchHotHatch said:
depends what boost level i run with regards to power... on the rollers i have had 265bhp... but thats when the injectors maxed out. and that was only at 5000rpm... still another 2000rpm to go and a bit more boost
wink.gif

i have driven it on the road with that boost level (keeping the revs below 5000 of course) and its pretty mad lol, torque and acceleration is unreal.. u need to be awake and hold onto the sterring wheel tight!
eek.gif

safely though i can drive the car at 220bhp low boost and rev it all the way. but after driving with more boost it feels really slow. boost is addictive stuff!

hopefully soon i will order some more injectors and an MSD coilpack and lead set then wind the boost up
smile.gif
unfortunately money is a bit tight at the moment because of the new business... but things are starting to pick up so hopefully i can throw more money at the car again and hit my target bhp....

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  audi a3 1.8t sport

carworx do a kit for a 106 that takes it over 300hp

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0

carworx do a kit for a 106 that takes it over 300hp
On a 1.6 engine ?? What boost is that with ?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
  Z4M
On a 1.6 engine ?? What boost is that with ?

It's possible. I don't doubt the figures at all.

Bear in mind there's Honda B16 (1598cc) engines running north of 450bhp... road cars too.

If it's built correctly, they're not the "timebombs" everyone assumes either.

Saying that, i'd rather salt my c*ck than pay £8k for that.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Golf R
It's possible. I don't doubt the figures at all.

Bear in mind there's Honda B16 (1598cc) engines running north of 450bhp... road cars too.

If it's built correctly, they're not the "timebombs" everyone assumes either.

Saying that, i'd rather salt my c*ck than pay £8k for that.

Is that you Mr Mosley...?