ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

360 finally died and just after 4 hours of forza :(

The Bus and MRT
It's been freezing for about a week now on and off but today it's not even rebooting after 4 hours of forza. Had it sine launch so it's lasted quite well, can't bring myself to send it back to Microsoft though and missing out on forza for 10 days so I'm going to try the towel trick anyone tried it who's 360 had died?

The Bus and MRT
look at my previous post on it - i even did a little vid :p

Cheers longy, looks like you took a slightly different approach, I'm letting mine cool down after heating it up. I'm not holding out too much hope though as mine freezes more than getting the 3 red lights, only had them once.

Just cooling down now, I'll let you know how I get on :approve:

Fiesta ST
Wouldn't bother letting it cool down tbh - as sometimes times vary how long i need to leave the towel on for! sometimes about an hour. - as soon as it comes on the fans kick in big time and cool it down. - nothing to loose really as its dead anyway :)

The Bus and MRT
Wouldn't bother letting it cool down tbh - as sometimes times vary how long i need to leave the towel on for! sometimes about an hour. - as soon as it comes on the fans kick in big time and cool it down. - nothing to loose really as its dead anyway :)

I don't think it'll work mate but I'll give your way a go, think mine is a slightly different problem. Just booted into forza after letting it cool down then the first corner I reached it crashed :(

I can get it sent back to MS for £70 and get a replacement + 12 months warranty but if I take it apart and remove the silver sticker will they say I've tampered and put the price up or does that only apply to machines under warranty?

Fiesta ST
Yours does sound odd - never really had any crashes - just wouldn't switch on. Just send it back m8 tbh.

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Just phone microsoft as you only bought it 3 months ago;)

They will only tell you the console was made in xx/05 but if you insist they cant really dispute.

**This IMO is not fraud!!**

Only one 360 I have ever seen (and Ive seen over 90) has NOT had 3 red lights.

MS deserves to replace EVERYONE of their crap products

FF Blackgold 182
Towel trick? Hmmm. I'd rather have a console that works, rather than have to wrap it in towels every few hours tbh. :rasp: My mates 360 felt the wrath of the dreaded three red lights of doom and he had his fixed by MS. It was just out of warranty by a couple of weeks (typical) and they wanted £80 to fix it! He argued the toss and refused to pay. They got UPS to pick it up and fixed it for free. The UPS bloke that dropped it off, said he had picked up 4 360's that morning with the same problem.:eek: Lets just say that I ain't rushing out to buy one, that's for sure.

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Just phone microsoft as you only bought it 3 months ago;)

They will only tell you the console was made in xx/05 but if you insist they cant really dispute.

**This IMO is not fraud!!**

Only one 360 I have ever seen (and Ive seen over 90) has NOT had 3 red lights.

MS deserves to replace EVERYONE of their crap products

The Bus and MRT
Well I've got it working again, towel trick didn't seem to work but standing it upright does.... I can play forza anyway so I'm happy :D, I'll send it off to be fixed when I'm bored of it.

Good news, lol. I would have cried tonight if mine went. Forgot to turn it off when I went out so it had been on for like 12 hours playing the same replay

Fiesta ST
Towel trick? Hmmm. I'd rather have a console that works, rather than have to wrap it in towels every few hours tbh. :rasp:

Fine if you have £80 quid lying around - also the towel trick can fix certain for faults for about a months or more.