ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

36k service on cup

Weeman sucks ****

Just got quoted £320 but thats without the belt change which Ill find out asap. Was told it shouldnt be more than £400?! i may need discs & pads all round to:confused:

Is £320 good?

Quote: Originally posted by dogmaul on 10 November 2004

without belt yup withbelt expect closer to 600

i paid 99 for my 36k lol
£600 fooking hell

Mine has only done 3k by the time i get to 36K they will have probably put the prices up to a grand or something!!!!!!

Weeman sucks ****

confirmed at "around" the £500 mark apparently for "major service".

fuel filter
oil filter
air filter
oil change
spark plug change

and alternator belt change which actually costs £150 without VAT! not 60 like she told me...t**sers.

Read through your service book as I am fairly sure that 2.0 16V engines are 72000 miles for spark plugs (and cam belt).

Could be wrong but hopefully not.

Rich

yes but if you look on the software that indipendent garages use that has the service items on for every car it says insepct belt or nothing at all

just get it inspected if i was you and try sell the car quick ;)

plugs are 72k and fuel filter is 72k aswell iirc as its a major njob includes removing the tank

The Cambelt is replaced at 72K miles..

On the 172/Cup it is the Accessory belt that is replaced on the 36K service.. Ie the belt that drives the Altermator etc..

Weeman sucks ****

yeah, just checked. no s/plugs, no fuel filter?!?! should i phone the garage or wait until she goes in and mention it then?

Hello, I am just looking about at the moment for getting me 36,000 Clio 172 serviced and I got quoted £250 for the service and another £150 for the bely to be done!

Get the brakes done elsewhere, I bought pads from K-Tec and the local garage charged me £30 to fit (back and front) It cost me about £80 to do what Renault quoted £170

172 cup TT

blimey... i had mine done and stamped for i think around 180 quid... nice.. oh and i see they have tried it on with you and charged you for a fuel filter which it doesnt need.. the filter is inside the plastic fuel tank on a cup...

Weeman sucks ****

Quote: Originally posted by Viv172 on 10 November 2004
Get the brakes done elsewhere, I bought pads from K-Tec and the local garage charged me £30 to fit (back and front) It cost me about £80 to do what Renault quoted £170

i need discs & pads all round mate, have done pads myself before, thats easy and im positive i could do front discs...its the rears that are a pig so im told?!

ring renault uk up. Wheni spoke to them they confirmed that the belt was changed at 72k not the 36k everyone quotes as long as the car was made after May 2002. They also sent me a letter to confirm this so i presume they have checked it etc. Also my local dealer said the belt wasnt done i questioned it and he said according to renault its 72k which obviously is why i later checked. Obviously id have it checked but as long as all is well renault quoted me 72k or 5yrs.

Ford Fiesta

going from the Jan 2004 service book:

2.0 RS clios=

spark plugs changed at 72000miles,

air filter 12000miles or every 4 years

cabin filter every 12000miles

accessories belt and pulleys every 36000mile or 5 years

fuel filter 144000miles

brake fluid DOT4 72000miles or 4 years

air conditioning, check/top up 4 years

Coolant every 72000miles or 4 years