ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

37 bhp

53 Clio's & counting
This is what my itb's have given me :D

Got back on the rollers iv been on quite a lot, and the results came back at:

209 bhp @ 7,028 rpm

165 lb ft torque @ 6,229 rpm

Ignoring the 209bhp,take notice that with only a cat back exhaust the Clio has made a consistant 171-173bhp and 149-150lb ft of torque on this rolling road.

This means by fitting the itb's its gained me a minimum of 37 bhp!!

Also comparing the graphs, I now have a minimum of 10bhp at any point in the rev range up to 5000 rpm, then after that its a constant 30+ bhp increase.

Ignoring the peak numbers, a gain of near 40bhp has made me over the moon :D

Here are 2 before graphs:

DSC01714.jpg

DSC01470-1.jpg

After

DSC01469-1.jpg

Last edited:
  53 Clio's & counting
Cheers Chris :D

Now Micheal (lol) yours did well, considering the 'mods' to your bores + your car looks well nice

Evo 5 RS
cheers mate - no smoke no poke as Dan says ;) as does yours considering the almost 140 big ones on it! Seems the standard ECU is definitely a capable tool

Evo 8 MR
Howcome the lines cross at different speeds?

I thought 5,250 was where they always cross no matter what? :S

53 Clio's & counting
So Russ, brilliant work, but there's just been one thing playing on my mind...

When are you doing mine?

Pmsl! Iv been asked that alot mate.......

Howcome the lines cross at different speeds?

I thought 5,250 was where they always cross no matter what? :S

Its actually 5252rpm from memory mate, and they do cross at that rpm, if you look at the graphs on the left side is BHP and the right side is torque - they have different power levels, ie in the first graph the bhp is up to 170bhp and the torque is 150lb ft, so the lines wont cross on the graph, but if you worked out the power / RPM it would work out at 5252 rpm :)

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Good effort mate, love it when someone sticks his fingers up at whats deemed as "the norm" and therefore the only way to do it :)

53 Clio's & counting
Good effort mate, love it when someone sticks his fingers up at whats deemed as "the norm" and therefore the only way to do it :)

Thanks matey :D

You know as well as I do trying to prove something works when its not sold by a company is bloody hard work!

The amount of people on here who have slagged me/my car off and havent even seen it is suprising, haters will hate!

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Haters Russ really???? What is there to hate, sad fookers!!!

Probably just jealous mate, of how you've fabricated the thing and got it to where it is now.

I know I am;)

53 Clio's & counting
Big thanks lays with Dan too, he has been a huge part of it :)

Thanks for all the nice comments though guys, some people still feel the urge to **** it off, incomplete etc, saying it wont idle right, or run right and they have never even seen it let alone heard it!

Makes me laugh really - everyones entitled to their own opinion, though it does make me chuckle

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
fooking hell russ, the old girl had some poke now, how much has it cost you in the end?

53 Clio's & counting
Having seen it, it idles and runs spot on tbh

If I was feeling better mate I could have stayed longer and you could have taken it for a ragging, come to think of it, you can do that this sat!

fooking hell russ, the old girl had some poke now, how much has it cost you in the end?

Yeah she doing well for 136,000 miles mate lol, total, including selling my standard bits is around the £580 mark ish

anything
i just had a dastek rr done on mine tho unlike your first pic mine pulled 145 at the wheels tho only 165 at the fly ,, can anyone explain to me please how there is such a difference ... thanks

not having a go , i genuinely dont understand

ps... great total result btw

53 Clio's & counting
i just had a dastek rr done on mine tho unlike your first pic mine pulled 145 at the wheels tho only 165 at the fly ,, can anyone explain to me please how there is such a difference ... thanks

not having a go , i genuinely dont understand

ps... great total result btw

Cheers mate

Many things change a RR result mate, for example what were your tyre pressures? Did the operator know what he was doing? What gear did he run it in? There are literally hundreds of things that can effect the reading

I wouldnt worry :)

Remember flywheel bhp is always an estimate, 145 at the wheels is a great result for a near standard car.

Very nice :D.

Cheers mate

Awesome stuff, bet you're chuffed with that! :)

I am :)