ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3G/4G WiFi dongle

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Help/advice needed, I've no idea about these things.

Wife is in hospital, will be (hopefully) for a couple of months. Internet connection isn't great, can you get pay as you go dongle type things?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Internet connection isn't great? They have wifi in the hospital? Or do you mean phone signal?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Internet connection isn't great? They have wifi in the hospital? Or do you mean phone signal?
WiFi is crap here. Phone signal is OK, wonder if it'll be cheaper to just up her data and tether the ipad /laptop

Help/advice needed, I've no idea about these things.

Wife is in hospital, will be (hopefully) for a couple of months. Internet connection isn't great, can you get pay as you go dongle type things?

If the internet signal is not great you will need to try find a network that is otherwise the dongle will just have the same issue.

We used to have a 'Three' PAYG dongle when we first moved in and that worked really well. Seems to last forever too! Think I still have it somewhere if you want me to have a rummage.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
EE do a wifi dongle. We have one on the boat and it's usually decent enough for 4g.
Iirc, we top up £30 and that gets you 10gb. Lasts for 30 days. Might he bale to get better deals though, we've had it for a few years.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
If there's a spare power socket you can get a mifi box, works with a normal sim.

Giff Gaff gigabags are £7.50 per gigabyte, or the £18 goodybag gets you 6GB data, but you might need to double check it's compatible with a mifi box.