ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3rd gear grinding

clio 172 mk2
for the life of me i cant understand why my third gear always grinds, even if i change gears at about 3-4k it still grates alittle i even tried flooring my left foot all the way to the metal with the clutch and still it grinds, does neone else experience this problem and maybe possible solutions i was told by a friend to try a tranny oil that is less viscous an thinner so as to let the syncros keep spinning so when i change it wont be out of sync does neone know of this problem and solutions or of thinner transmission oils to use?
ne help would be greatly appreciated cause ive been trying everything to get it to stop lol

kyle

182 inside
synchromesh could be shot but is your clutch worn? how many miles has the car covered and how do you drive it?

clio 172 mk2
well i had the clutch changed at about 60k the car is now on 87k i dont think the clutch is worn as all other gears go in smoothly and there is no slippage and i dont drive her hard well hard but not reckless hard as in i change around 6.2 or 6.5 rpm i dont run it to redline or shift light and thats on days that i want to sprint other than that i take it casual the previous owner said he used to use a thinner tranny oil to help keep the syncros spinning would this help as when i did my timing belt service i changed the oil to redline but a thicker viscousity... think this would help or possible solutions

clio 172 mk2
so ive read on countless forums but i cant understand why i just want to find some possible solutions for it cause its annoying as hell to be doing a sprint and everything is going good until u hear GRAATTTTT CLUNKKKKK!!!! basically after that i dont want to race nemore hahaha lol