ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4K monitor recommendations

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I’ve looked for the new Alienware monitor but can’t find it at any UK retailers? Dell site, Amazon, OC, Ebuyer. I’m assuming it’s not released yet in the UK

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
At half the price you can't go wrong with this one imo.

I've got a 4k 144hz screen overclocked to 160hz (I can't tell the difference between 144 and 160). And I've got a 1080p 240hz screen. Again I can't tell the difference between 144/160 and 240hz tbh.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
At half the price you can't go wrong with this one imo.

I've got a 4k 144hz screen overclocked to 160hz (I can't tell the difference between 144 and 160). And I've got a 1080p 240hz screen. Again I can't tell the difference between 144/160 and 240hz tbh.

I was thinking OLED, or will that really make much difference?

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Not a clue!

My TV is 4k 144hz OLED and my monitor is 4k IPS LCD. Couldn't tell you if one is better than the other performance wise. My other monitor is VA, again I couldn't tell you if there's a difference.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
The biggest difference should be the contrast. OLED is ridiculously more capable in that respect, although it’s recommended to have the room darker.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Oled for COD is probably wasted a bit too because you'd probably end up increasing black levels just to see in the shadows better then again maybe it'd help you see in the shadows better. It's hard to compare my C1 against my monitor as it's much better playing on monitor but an easy way to describe the difference in colour at least is the dark stuff is darker and bright stuff is brighter lol. I have the LG ultra gear 4k monitor and recommend it and it's probably more than enough. Worth thinking about you won't be getting much more that 140 frames with your 3080 anyway without turning everything low in graphics.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I’ve looked for the new Alienware monitor but can’t find it at any UK retailers? Dell site, Amazon, OC, Ebuyer. I’m assuming it’s not released yet in the UK
Feb/March release for Eu bud.