ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

-50mm springs

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
All I can find are -40mm and -60mm springs. I want to go lower than the -40mm I've got atm but I won't get -60mm on my drive. Any ideas where I can get some?

"Navy" N17 TWO
Any drop more than about 30mm usualy means upgrading shocks too - standards on the non RS's are awful

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Any drop more than about 30mm usualy means upgrading shocks too - standards on the non RS's are awful

Don;t talk soft!

Standard shocks are fine in my opinion, never gonna be stupidly comfortable anyways, either go for just springs or full on coilies, no point going in the middle for a kit in my opinion.

By the way, theres only a tiny difference really between 40mm and 60mm, surely you will still be able to get up the drive. Get 5 people in the car now, if you get on the drive fine you'll be ok with 60mm ones.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Eibach Sportlines are 50mm on nonsports iirc
can anyone confirm this?

i really want to go -60mm. may have to get a few people in my car later. how much clearance is there under the car at 60mm from the sump?

the main reason is because the pavement goes up and then my drive goes down, so there is a ridge i have to go over

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Eibach Sportlines are 50mm on nonsports iirc
can anyone confirm this?

i really want to go -60mm. may have to get a few people in my car later. how much clearance is there under the car at 60mm from the sump?

the main reason is because the pavement goes up and then my drive goes down, so there is a ridge i have to go over

I doubt you'll catch the sump mate, mine has never scraped on anything at -60mm, and there are some vicious speed bumps where I work.

Just buy some mate, worry about the consequences after!

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
sod it, i think i'm gonna go for the -60mm springs. like you said pepsi i'll think of the consequences later. i may just have to park my car on the road now and get a longer hose for washing it!

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
how much clearance do you get at -60mm? Am thinkin of lowerin mine by this but I dont want to be scraping curbs and speed bumps

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
Am thinking of puttin -60mm springs on standard shocks, will this damage my car? There are mixed opinions of this on different threads