ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are TA technix coilovers decent in 2023?

1.2 16v Clio Mk2 2dr
Hi all,

Just to preface this my mk2 non sport currently has 40mm apex lowering springs ( yes I know) and I've been looking at ta technical coilovers purely as there is limited choices these days, I understand I can get much more expensive options but in reality it's a 1.2 and I'm quite happy modifying it until my insurance prices become reasonable for anything more powerful.

Anyway in people's experiences how would the coilovers compare to the apex springs? I currently run 15" 7J ET40 alloys with 195/50/15 tyres and find the 40mm drop to do very little and while it's stiffer for corners I can feel every tiny dip in the road. Would ta technix be an improvement in terms of being able to go lower with a slight improvement to comfort and handling?