ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

520 miles, 11 hours later....

182 Cup/V70 D5
... I get my 182 home to York after a round trip to @Garym6352 in Portsmouth. Absolutely loving the car, pulls so well, sounds great, looks amazing (still making my mind up about the graphite stripes - probably remove them or replace with white) and the rest of the Team Wüff racing lads (one e36 M3, one Focus ST and lad who rally's a 205 gti) all absolutely love the little blue go-kart.

Will be booking a track day at cadwell park in January all being well if anyone else is going? Then after that probably Oulton.

Photo 12-22-2014-12.11.05.jpg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Very nice!! So clean after such a long journey too ( you must have washed it right ). Recaros too - im jealous.

182 Cup/V70 D5
yeah unfortunately Gary didn't have time to get it washed prior to viewing but even through the winter grime I could tell it was a really nice clean example. Took it to the jet wash this morning and now just need to hoover it out.

@Feirny - you can have them if you like? :p think it's just because the white and blue work so well together, the graphite kinda gets lost in different light and then when you can see they're full grey there's just not quite enough contrast for the colours to work together. Will report back with various bits of progress as I go :)

yeah unfortunately Gary didn't have time to get it washed prior to viewing but even through the winter grime I could tell it was a really nice clean example. Took it to the jet wash this morning and now just need to hoover it out.

@Feirny - you can have them if you like? :tongueout: think it's just because the white and blue work so well together, the graphite kinda gets lost in different light and then when you can see they're full grey there's just not quite enough contrast for the colours to work together. Will report back with various bits of progress as I go :smile:

Hah, not sure my megane will suit them! Plus it already has stickers on it ;)

182 Cup/V70 D5
yeah the Silver one had quite a bit of kit on it but I really wanted a racing blue (fastest colour). Thanks for all guidance and info lads. Any Yorkshire meets planned anytime soon? I'm gonna do some reading up on how to polish up the inlet manifold and rest of the engine bay, looks a bit dull and tatty so would like to make it a bit shinier.

yeah the Silver one had quite a bit of kit on it but I really wanted a racing blue (fastest colour). Thanks for all guidance and info lads. Any Yorkshire meets planned anytime soon? I'm gonna do some reading up on how to polish up the inlet manifold and rest of the engine bay, looks a bit dull and tatty so would like to make it a bit shinier.

Capsicum Red is fastest, with RB coming in second. I've owned both so I know. No Yorks meets planned as yet, but @Matthew and @leeds_182 are the men for that.

182 Cup/V70 D5
Plans are:
Gary's posting de-cat pipe so fit that when it arrives
Just ordered a gas flowed/polished inlet manifold, fit that
Clean/oil the k&n panel filter

Then get it booked in for a remap to get it all singing in tune :) I'll be happy enough for a while at that point but come spring I'll have a look at better rubber, a set of turini's, maybe some sintered brake pads & fresh brake fluid.

Everything else on the car is mint to be fair so it doesn't need anything. Love it more with every single mile I drive it.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Personally I'd just go for the 98 tuner map rather than paying through the earth for a custom map for not that much more of a gain. Or even any more at all. Comes to around £75 overall too in the end.