ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5th Gear looking for a 182 Clio Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
He made it 4 hours on CS before realising that a CS warm welcome isn't worth the hassle and probably went to another owners club for a car... Christ guys, slate fifth gear, tell him what car he should use, offer him modified cars then slate his offer for the members aswell. If you dont like the offer he has made then you dont need to take him up or comment on it, to some-one else it might seem like a good day out that they may have missed out on now...

Well said dude.

Embarrassed to be a member twice within a week!!

I'd be more embarrassed about posting in an invisable font lol.

(I'm using carbon, and you wrote in black)

But tbh you know what we're all like. It's the cliosport way - being dicks since about 2007. Before then it was mint.

Peddled device
I'm pretty sure they will be very professional and friendly...and with Top Gear no longer being a car program 5th Gear is 'the' choice for info...AND they have the best drivers by far.No one drives like Tiff.

I'm sure that whoever goes will have a great day and still have their car in one piece.

Peddled device
I've just been offered this as the other car they had was modded but l am waiting to see if l can have next week off.Hopefully i'll be okay as l don't want to keep them hanging on...

Clio 182 + Recaros
wouldnt suprise me if he first went to renaultsport.co.uk forum and then came to us. I dont understand how someone else can track your "pride and joy" and not get a goody bag/tickets or somthing or even some super duper vip tickets to renault world series. How is someone going to gain from just "exposure."

+1

Whats in it for me springs to mind - watching someone else drive your pride and joy like they've stolen it.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
+1

Whats in it for me springs to mind - watching someone else drive your pride and joy like they've stolen it.
Orr a day out with a free lunch and expenses paid for, where you can spend the day with the 5th gear crew including maybe a couple of the presenters, possibly meet and talk to tiff/VBH/Plato, watch a race driver show what your car can do on track and maybe even get to go round the track with the likes of Plato or Tiff. If you only ever see £ signs then obviously something like this isn't for you, so from the OP you know its not for you, and you can leave the thread for people who it will interest? That way the people who would like to go still get half a chance...
If I had a 182 cup this thread would have disappeared and I'd have emailed as soon as it was posted :D Good luck Dave, let us know if you can go and what its like there etc.

A ANIMAL
Orr a day out with a free lunch and expenses paid for, where you can spend the day with the 5th gear crew including maybe a couple of the presenters, possibly meet and talk to tiff/VBH/Plato, watch a race driver show what your car can do on track and maybe even get to go round the track with the likes of Plato or Tiff. If you only ever see £ signs then obviously something like this isn't for you, so from the OP you know its not for you, and you can leave the thread for people who it will interest? That way the people who would like to go still get half a chance...
If I had a 182 cup this thread would have disappeared and I'd have emailed as soon as it was posted :D Good luck Dave, let us know if you can go and what its like there etc.

"did you ever know you were my hero..."

Here Here, tbh

Ibis A3 BE
Sold my 182 Cup back in December but would have jumped at this chance. The car is produced to be driven hard so let it do what it's made for and enjoy the day!

I'd say its a fore gone conclusion that the Clio200 will win, as usual, the winner of a head to head is usually given away as the telephone competition prize. Still would be an interesting comparison though.

Barge
ROFL. Not yours Dave! ;)

My betting is the 200 will win hands down. It's improved lower gear ratios will help it immensely.

fiesta 1.25
i dont know why they cant give any goodies.. its gonna be a nightmare when you come to sell the 182 cup because its been ragged to s**t on tv. Its hardly going to get a full service/once over after.

Im with tailerparktrev on this

Erm i doubt that more like

"omgz its been on tv i wants that one"

SchwepTek™
Make sure u take pics dave.

It was my car they were gonna use and didn't mind coilovers and wheels but the exhaust was a problem as it may enhance performance.

im ashamed of this thread...

did the guy ask for a debate??

the guy asked if someone wanted to come down with their car..

quite a privilege if you ask me..

Enough.

Fifth Gear, if you need to update this thread... please feel free to PM any member of the Admin/Moderating team and we'll be happy to help.
Thank you for the opportunity, and sorry for some of the narrow minded replies you've received.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I'm going to add my bit too since I can. Sadly this club has a minority of t***s who for whatever reason like to act like mongrels.

What a fantastic oppourtunity for a 182 cup owner, I would have loved to do this. I'd rather tiff drove my car like it should be than some of the spotty virgin charvers on this site.

Jesus wept...

Status
Not open for further replies.