ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

6 months with a V8 M3

Renaultsport 200
It does make me laugh when people say these E92's arnt fast cars and you get some tit in a stage 1 ST or VXR telling everyone how he embarrassed one.
They struggling to get the power down but the DCT coupe M3 can do 0-100 mph in 9.5 secs which is as fast as the brand new RS3 and facelift A45 AMG which would piss on most hot hatches.
The problem with the V8's compared to today's hot hatches is you have to be on it to get the power, a car like the RS3 you just plant it and half a second later your in peak torque and power, the M3 you HAVE to be in the right gear at the right time or it will be slow, I bet most people that have 'embarrassed' an E92 M3 in a modest hot hatch have come across one that hasn't been driven properly as many owners don't want to rev then out like they should be.
People also talk about the lack of torque but fail to mention it has that 290 lbft from about 2,000 RPM to about 8,000 rpm whereas a turbo hot hatch might have 350 lbft but only has it from 3,500 to 4,000 rpm.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
People also talk about the lack of torque but fail to mention it has that 290 lbft from about 2,000 RPM to about 8,000 rpm whereas a turbo hot hatch might have 350 lbft but only has it from 3,500 to 4,000 rpm.
Might be true of older turbocharged cars, but a standard Golf R for example has 280 lbft from 1,800 to 5,500 rpm, more when mapped. :tongueout:
However back on topic, compare the E92 M3 to the E39 M5 as another BMW V8, the M5 has 369lbft and it's just a big wall of torque, the M3 is a completely car to drive and does lack torque relative to it's capacity and power output.
But they are still a damn quick car, that loves to be revved and make a glorious noise, anyone who thinks they are not fast is deluded LOL.

RS 250, X5M,K1600Gt
I bet!
Any pics of the S1000, I pick up my RR on Friday!
Any pics beside a dirty back end?
Here's my latest aquisition....tows lovely
20160430_165552.jpg