ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

60mm drop request on mk2 clio

V6

60mm drop request on mk2 clio prefebaly 98-2001 model or facelift. Plus cud u tell me wat springs u have cheers Ross

Black Clio 182

have you lot just got springs or the full kit? im just about to get some 60mm springs and i was wondering if i need to uprate my dampers or anything, or shud it be ok on standard ones? i want the cheap option lol

Problem with 17s is they cost a shed load, and then there are the tyres! I wouldnt of been able to afford anything else. Besides, i take performance (if i can use that word with the 1.2) over style..although i was disappointed that the Turinis werent as lightweight as the marketing spiel made out.

-Rob

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

^ Mayb when i get older ill appreciate ur view, but style will always win with me at the moment! like u said its only a 1.2! However ur setup was perfect! Perfect height and Those Brakes! ooooo!

Black Clio 182

but what about if i want it on the cheap, am getting springs for about £50 then will get them fitted and that will probably cost around a 100 no doubt.

all im worried about is would just the springs damage my car in anyway?

Black Clio 182

so it will be alrite just on springs but the ride will be a bit crappy. i will just have springs i reckon then and then save up for dampers and everything else that i will need.

Doyle what alloys are they?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

i had my old 1.2 mk2 lowered 60mm on 17s and it f**ked the ball joints and driveshaft, will try and get some pics of the car up tomorrow, looked wickid though!

Mercedes C200,Clio R.I.P.

Quote: Originally posted by Pauldredge on 07 April 2005
so it will be alrite just on springs but the ride will be a bit crappy. i will just have springs i reckon then and then save up for dampers and everything else that i will need.Doyle what alloys are they?

firstly the ride will not be crappy 2 of my mates sed to me to watch out becos my shockers would be f**ked within a short period and the ride would be bumpy but i dont think it is, I think its just as comfy as before i got it lowered and it feels more "sporty" if ye know what i mean. The alloys are 15" OZ F1 CUPS.