ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

60mm springs

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
Am thinking of fitting -60mm PI springs on my standard shocks, will this damage my car or will it be ok?

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
I wouldnt go 60mm mate the ride will be ruff as f**k and will end up f**king ur shocks up go 40mm.

I not too bothered about the ride as I rarely go on the motorway and am not really in my car for long periods. Im only really going to have the car for about 5 more months before I sell it on, I just dont want to drop it 40mm and not have a noticable drop, Im not sure if I would rather drop it 60 and take the risk. I just don't want to do it if its definetly going to ruin my shocks lol.

PH2 172
Go 40mm mate on your 1.2 you will notice the drop just put 40mm apex springs on there you will defo notice the drop 60mm will defo ruin the shocks mate

172 cup
well its up to you mate but a few months down the line theres a good chance you will have to change the shocks as they wil be knackered

"Navy" N17 TWO
Mate of mine put 40mm springs on his 1.4 Clio, a front and rear shock was done within about 4 months :S

BMW E92/Audi S3
Im on 60mm springs with Standard shocks :)

...rough as hell and i need new shocks :(

Looks well nice though

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
Im on 60mm springs with Standard shocks :)

...rough as hell and i need new shocks :(

Looks well nice though

lol thats just confused me now, was it worth puttin the 60mm on? How long down the line did your shocks go?

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
Go 40mm mate on your 1.2 you will notice the drop just put 40mm apex springs on there you will defo notice the drop 60mm will defo ruin the shocks mate

You know roughly how much new standard shocks would be? Trying to decide if the 60mm drop would be worth the price of possibly having to get new shocks. My rides quite rough atm theres a bit of a delay on my suspension when I hit speed bumps. My shocks maybe worn alread maybe?

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)

You know roughly how much new standard shocks would be? Trying to decide if the 60mm drop would be worth the price of possibly having to get new shocks. My rides quite rough atm theres a bit of a delay on my suspension when I hit speed bumps. My shocks maybe worn already maybe?

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
Think im guna go with 60mm drop, I read on another thread that the 40mm drop isnt noticable on a dynamique and with mine being like a 4x4 at the moment, I want the biggest drop possible!

PH2 172
upto you but the ride is guna kill your back and shag ur shocks to pieces just get coilovers if you want it really low

PH-QUICK
Spoooooortlines - 50mm and wont nacker your standard shocks.

Job Done

huh? i heard sportlines were 35mm?
aren't they quit pricey?about £140?
whats special about them that wont knacker standard shocks?

35mm is just the figure most of the internet places that sell them quote - says 50mm on the box and for me at least on the 1.2 its deffo 50mm if not slightly more after a good bedding in - looks prefect wouldnt want it any lower. They're progressively sprung so you get more 'bounce' at the top of the spring.

This means:
1. more sporty response
2. not too spine nackering
3. not to shock nackering
4. but thats why you pay £140

Well worth it as you dont need sport shocks as well which you should/would need with apex and the like.

Clio 1.8 8v RSi
Whats 14" alloys gonna be like once dropped 60mm? Ive got 16" OZs at mo but want a quicker acceleration so looking at 14s...(see my thread) and to drop from the current 40mm to 60mm.......

PH-QUICK
You'll get a larger arch agap with smaller alloys, but you will be even closer to the ground - i.e. cant get over speed bumps

Clio 182 cup
many years ago i lowered a "tigra" .......ssshhhhh! I know.....
I put lowering springs (50mm) on original shocks, on certain roads at certain speeds would start to oscillate front to back...had to brake to stop it.I assume this is because the shocks where no longer matched to the dampers. i put the old springs back on and no problems.

Clio 182 cup
*****I assume this is because the shocks where no longer matched to the springs.********

never assume it makes an "ass" out of "u" and "me"