ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

6v pre outs

yeah all new pioneer units are pushing out 5 & 6 volts, Rockys are pushing out 8vs & some nakamichi are pushing out 5v, but there 5volts are gonna be alot more purer (if thats the word im looking for) than the average pioneer & rocky!

& not only that but if u want more, u could just buy a line driver.

no what i mean is your pioneer probably says its pushing out 6V but its bullsh*te, what they dont tell you it that when testing the units to get these "figures" the units are chilled to 0 degrees to stop over heating, they are givena 14-16V power supply(unlike your cars 12V supply) also they might be running a distortion level of around 0.5 TDH. get a multi meter on the pre-out of your poineer and measure it.....then come back and tell me it has 6V pre outs!!!!

mate, dont aim ur replies at me.... i dont own a pioneer! i agree with u exactly!! hence me saying it aint pure.... but i couldnt think of the right word....

im torn between alpine & nakamichi atm.... although the top of the range rocky is tempting.

oh i wasnt aim it at anyone mearly explaing ! go nak ! much better inside than alpine ! they look sh*te but sound wicked !!!;)

yeah its a hard one..... coz id have to get the most basic one!!! i.e. the CD-400 which is like 450 notes... or i could get the 9815 by alpine! argh! decisions decisions.... what the thing can play isnt so much of a problem.... as my xbox now plays all types of media which will be going in the car!

but thats the problem.... what kinda pre outs does the nak cd-400 have?? front, rear & sub out? what about aux out? do u know mate?

connor - as i have said qite a few times
Nak is the way to go

there pre-outs may be the lowest powered, but they sound so much better than anything else on the market

Yeah i know bambam m8, & I do agree with you.... its just somets holding me back....!! I guess its coz id rather get a top of the range model of a certain range than get the bottom of the range bog standard headunit from Nak, coz it will be good at what it offers. but the thing is it doesnt offer much!

I could just get a head unit now to do me over till next year (9812) and get the new nakamichi that is coming out next year, like the mp3 one etc etc. one of the new range.

hmmm, so many decisions =/ I was at first gonna get a 9812, but then went up to the 9815, then thought about a nak, then this rocky popped up.

& when i was asking what the preouts of the nak was... i was talking about, can it actually cater for 1/2/3 or more amps? i know what the power of them is... but ive got 4amps and I dont know what im gonna do about actually connecting them all up. I just thought that the nakamichi headunits were designed for a set of speakers running of the Headunit itself and not for a big amped up system?

why go for 2nd maybe even 3rd best

get the best unit for the money

get the nak

you wont regret it

may not look special, but it certainly sounds special

yo can buy Y-Leads for the pre-outs to acount for extra smps if you need, but i can only see the need for 2 amps, one amp for front comps and one amp for rear sub, and thats it

heh, well from personal experience and working my way up the system ladder, ive finished with my perfect system... apart from my head unit (old one was panasonic) & subwoofer (a low level entry directed audio jobby)

and those Y-leads... surely that wont give me individual control over the amps?

As for the 4 amps I have.... I have two genesis profile 2s for the front speakers (one powering left & one powering right channel) & a Genesis profile 4 powering tantrum 6*9s (bridged)
& a profile sub powering the subwoofer. This set out is perfect for me, just need a better sub, was looking at either phase linear or Orion for a sub. & a better/more powerful headunit.
But you can see from my choice of amps I like SQ alot so maybe the nak is the light! I will have to go in a couple of ice shops & get some biased/unbiased views on all 3! and hopefully have a listen (all 3 ice shops around here have different company accounts so all prefer certain makes)