ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

6x9’s

lookin to put 6x9s in the parcel shelf, is the standard clio shelf strong enuff or do i need to make a shelf? If a newly made shelf is required how do i go about this?

cheers rob

You could always buy my Stealth shelf with 6X9s in it. Not a home made version its a proper jobby. Fits any of the old shape clios. If your interested then PM me or reply here.

Phil

My fiance has just fitted my new Infinert 6x9 Kappa into my shelf. He used 12mm mdf on the underside of the shelf & 6mm on the top half in 2 pieces ither side of the center bar to give it something to hold / screw to. He then recovered the whole shelf in the same colour acoustic cloth which makes it look compleatly original (with a third of the weight ). Its handy living with someone that used to fit sterios:D!

PS- We have no rattles, and sounds tops!

6x9s, an option i myself am considering. apparently big sound gains can be had from such speakers.

if i disconnected my standard rear speakers, and used these wires to power some 6x9s on a shelf, would there be enough power to run them? would they be loud, and any better sounding than the renault back speakers?

nice one