ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

6x9's

1.2 Clio Authentique
hey guys

i know 6x9's arent to everybody's taste but i cant quite afford a sub/amp yet so i thought i might as well just get a pair

ive looked through many threads but cant find what im looking for

the problem is my car hasnt got rear speakers so i cant connect them from that and there are no rear speaker wires connected to the wiring harness only the wires for the front speakers so it would be very grateful if someone could tell me what the best way to wire the speakers up without and amp is :) e.g can i connect them to the wires for the front speakers, etc

cheers:eek:

you'll probably hate my idea, but if you are going for decent sound replace the fronts with some decent components! even if you add back speakers you hear the majority of the sound from the fronts so it defeats the point!
if you are just going for loud, carry on!

1.2 Clio Authentique
the fronts have alpines in them which are pretty decent anyway, but just want something in the back until i can afford a sub

182, Q7, Focus, XFR
What car/stereo you got mate, u might need to upgrade the head unit before u can add rear speakers.

I've fitted 6x9's today, saves boot space and looks factory (with a stealth shelf) not the thumping noise from a sub, but get the right 6x9's and you'll get good clear tunes, volume and punchy bass (infinity kappa for reference)

182, Q7, Focus, XFR
Slip the h/u out. Where it plugs into the car loom you should find that the h/u has speaker wires and the Clio doesn't. Usually the after market h/u has a live, switched live and earth in one part of the plug and 8 wires (2 off green, grey, purple, white). If all 8 match your Clio, the wires are in the back you just need to find them. If they're not, snip the wires out the back of the h/u and run from there.

1.2 Clio Authentique
The original clio blocks with the wires on them were a direct fit to the headunit so I didn't have to get the adapter like you have to with many h/u's and on the speaker block there's only 4 wires for the front speakers :/

1.2 Clio Authentique
I found a blue and brown wires In the left hand side at the back that have been taped on the ends could these be it?

182, Q7, Focus, XFR
So the hu must have 8 wires.. Not seen one without! A lot easier to wire that than get a lead through the bulkhead for an amp!

1.2 Clio Authentique
here you go:

white block is for speakers

IMG00145-20110707-1015.jpg

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
why bother? youve sed you want a sub and amp when you can afford it. why not just wait (instead of wasting £30-40 on 6x9's) that way you could get a 4 way amp, to power the sub and run it to the fronts, then run the front wires to the rear?

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
get a stelth sub box made up. fits over one of the rear wheel arches, should be able to fit a nice 10".

or as ive done, get an active sub easy to take out when you need the space.

Stripped yozza'd cup
6x9's are s**t. If you want bass, as others have said, get a GOOD 10" sub in a stealth enclosure, and buy some decent components for the front and amp them. It's all 99% of people will ever need from a system.