ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

72k service - high quotes, what shall I do?

Looking for 182
Hi all,

My 182 needs a 72k service in about 500 miles, however I do not need the cam/aux kit/belts doing as these were both done a 1yr/19k miles ago.

I've called my local Renault garage and they quoted £249, another local Renault garage (indy place) quoted over £300.

I went to JMS last year but I can't really take a day off this time around to take it to them so I need to find somewhere local.

My other option is taking it to Mr Clutch for their Gold service at £170:

Price : http://www.mrclutch.com/services/servicing/servicing-price-list
Schedule : http://www.mrclutch.com/services/servicing/service-schedule

What shall I do?

Thanks

Looking for 182
I didn't ask what Renault included in their service. I told them it's the 72k service without aux/cam though, so I assume it's everything that is usually included with a 72k service.

What's included?

Can you not do a lot of it yourself or?

I wouldn't know where to start, and I'd like to keep the book stamped really.

Listerine & Poledo
If you're not done 12k or had 2 years since your last service I'd be tempted to wait until MOT time and get the GOLDPLus MOT package.

Looking for 182
If you're not done 12k or had 2 years since your last service I'd be tempted to wait until MOT time and get the GOLDPLus MOT package.

My last service was 60k, so it is due. Unfortunately I had my MOT a couple of weeks ago as well, I probably should have done that then really.

Looking for 182
How much are JLS? Why can't you take the day off?

I imagine JLS are in hot demand right now :p
Still waiting for Tom@JMS to email back with a quote.

I have no holiday left unfortunately, I've got time booked out for a house move, Bestival in September, and Christmas :(

I could pull a sicky I suppose, but I'm not that kind of person really.

Looking for 182
Do I need coolant and brake fluid changed? If not, Renault says they can do it for £179, which means I don't have to spend £30 getting to and from JMS.

Looking for 182
So I shouldn't bother at all? Just get someone to do an oil change, clean the filter in my JMS IK, and get some new spark plugs?

Clio RS 182
Renault will match any price given by another garage that is vat registered!

but if that is still too expensive, go with a garage that isn't vat registered and they'll do it alot cheaper.

Arctic Blue 182ff
72k should be coolant, brake fluid, and plugs, along with oil/filter, and air filter. If it were me I'd want Renault to do ALL that and gearbox oil too whilst there. Don't forget you're paying for all the checks they (apparently) do too...

Clio RS 182
72k should be coolant, brake fluid, and plugs, along with oil/filter, and air filter. If it were me I'd want Renault to do ALL that and gearbox oil too whilst there. Don't forget you're paying for all the checks they (apparently) do too...

I had a service carried out at Evans Halshaw along with an MOT and they spotted a broken front spring and replaced it under warranty for me. they aint all bad

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
i just keep receipts for oil and filter changes, and scribble the mileage on them and stick them in the handbook on my daily astra, and also on my motorbikes.

may be worth doing with any garage you get to do it

330i. E30 Touring.
It really isn't difficult to do it yourself.

I'll do it for you for a beer token or two, but i'm only about 1500 yards away from JMS, lol.

Looking for 182
Right, I've changed my mind again, I'm moving house and got loads on at work this week, as well as a shed load of photography work to sort out so I'm just going to take it to Renault and get it done and dusted. Yes it's a bit pricey, but **** it, it's only money! I don't mind paying extra if it means less arsing around driving places and buying bits myself.

1242032359_haters-gonna-hate.gif

Clio 197
i just keep receipts for oil and filter changes, and scribble the mileage on them and stick them in the handbook on my daily astra, and also on my motorbikes.

may be worth doing with any garage you get to do it

thats what i do.

It will take you an hour max to do the oil (including letting it all drip out....drip....drip....drip) coolant and spark plugs can be done easily - guides on here

Honestly i would try and do it yourself, you will save a packet and be able to sleep easier at night - you just need to find the time ;)

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
When I do the oil & filter change, I just keep the receipts for the paper work and write down the mileage at the time of change.

You also know what oil is being used.