ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

75mm diameter ducting pipe

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

The most car factories do is 60 mm but i wanna slip it over the original air box cold air feed and right up to my PiperX.

Any1 know what i can use? Thanx.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

yeah im ordering some today i think. they do it in most sizes up to 203mm and its strong flexible stuff and can resist up to 300 degrees heat. About £37 per metre though

part number 089B is for 89mm in blue, they do brown and silver but silver is more cos its double strength or something!

if you ask nicely you can call masterflex.co.uk and theyll send you a sample - free. They have a huge range of hoses etc.

Or you can be sensible.

wander down to B&Q and ask to be directed to the ventilation ducting area, you will come up to is and see lots of plastic pipes like gutterign and even squuare piping.

But what you wants the flexible hose which is silver and cheap.

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 15 May 2003

thats the same stuff im getting. lol
So i should be able to get the 75mm diameter stuff i want from Demontweeks?

Only need about 40cm of length to twist it round & up. Cheers.

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

I went down to B&Q b4 posting mate. Dont want the 100mm diamter stuff as itll lose too much suction especially shaped as a bend IMO.

So which is the best stuff to use , i would of thought the metal stuff is better than plastic bcos it would make it cooler ? im gona take a trip to halfords later and have a look at the green air feed.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

halfords have some alluminium ducting....only up to 60mm when i went though but its flexible stuff. iv got some for the cold air feed to the bumper. the bit going from the bmc cda is gonna be the silicone strong stuff from DT. Shame its about £30 per metre i only need a bit...!

but its good stuff i got some already its just got holes in it lol so need some more nice new stuff..

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 16 May 2003

you dont need sucktion, velocity isnt important before the TB.
I know but if the IK has to take in a greater percentage of air from inside the engine bay then it wont be as dense due to it being hotter, however the more air it can take up through the cold air pipe the colder & denser the air intake will be.

So what is the diameter of this green pipe from Halfords? Cheers.

ok just been to halfords and purchased the 70mm Flexi alloy ducting for $11.99 , it can stretch up to 1meter long and is nice and shiny lol !