ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

84mm bore head gasket... question for engine builders

CRX,205,Type S,172..
Hello

I've done my bottom end with 84mm wossners and conrods
The head is done too
Now it's the time to close the engine
I can buy 84 and 84.5mm cometic gasket... the 84.5 is too thick and that means loosing some cr, and 84 is spot on.
My question is will the 84mm gasket be ok for 84mm bore or do i have go to 84.5mm?

Thanks

CRX,205,Type S,172..
I missed your anwser sorry
Actualy i was buying the gasket from them...and they told me that the 84mm bore gasket to 84mm bore cylinder was built a few times already and that it will be ok.
On the other side the guys from Athena said the gasket should be a bit larger in bore than the cylinder...
at the end i have put the 84mm and will se if it will be ok.
The gasket follows the cylinders edge perfectly so there should be no problem.
All other gaskets are much thicker so i would have to skim the head again to get the wanted compression ratio

The engine dynamics guys were very helpful when i was buying pistons, rods ect from them over 1000£ of worth, but when i wanted a gasket then everything became very slow ;-)

Last edited: