ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A bit of help needed - ra tuner

Yozza'd Titanium 182
Ok... Here's my situation.
I want to purchase the RS Tuner "Pop & bang" kit.
I have searched this forum for days and in still confused,
Correct me were I'm wrong, this is what I have made from the threads I have read and I'm just after a bit of conformation.

1. Buy a 2nd tuner (pop and bang) from on here. When it's delivered plug it into my car so it can read my ecu.
2. Email JMS or Henk with the original code for a new unlock code "and" a lisense? Which combined should cost me around £60
3. A new unlock code will be sent back after payment is completed.
4. Plug in the RS Tuner and follow the instruction step by step on the fast chip guide on YouTube.

I'm rubbish with technology and apologise if this comes across stupid but I'm simply confused.
Is the above correct?
ANY help would be greatly appritated

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Buy the RS TUner, download software from fastchip.nl, install software, plug the whole thing into the ODB2 socket under the ashtray. Do the below:
Provide us with your VCI interface code:

• connect VCI to your PC and start RSTuner software
  • go to About > Unlock VCI...
  • press the "Copy to clipboard" button

Then go to fastchip.nl and buy the license
http://www.fastchip.nl/index.php?pa...ategory_id=33&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

at the end of the order process there is space to leave a note, please include your VCI interface code in this area by pressing CTRL + V on your keyboard, this will paste the code into the entry box.
Then also buy the chavvy pops and bangs map on the same site.

Yozza'd Titanium 182
When I originally download the software from fast chip is there a certain software I need?
(For the Pop and bang) or is it just the standard software?

Do you have a link for the pop and bang lisense?

Thanks that was really helpful !

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
You don't download the pop and bang software.
Henk will send you an unlock code as well as a map file. You mist specify you want the pop and bang map instead of the standard 98ron map.
I think you have to pay extra for the pops and bangs map.
It wont work if your not running a decat either.

Yozza'd Titanium 182
I have a yozza sport de cat and exhaust on so should be okay with that!
I have Just downloaded "latest RS Tuner software 5.1" - is this the correct one ?
(sorry im hopeless)

There are video's on YouTube. Search for fastchip. That will sort you.

There are also links on the site and a guide on here (again search the guides under fastchip)

Mike

If you read the guide on the site and look at the YouTube link you will be fine.

Unlock licence
http://www.fastchip.nl/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=33&Itemid=26

Pop and Bangs for the clio2 172/182 aka the chav map.
http://www.fastchip.nl/index.php?pa...ategory_id=20&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

It takes a day or so to get your map sent.

advice. Plug your laptop into the wall when you do it and not run it off a battry. Turn off screen savers on your laptop.

Takes 35 minutes or so.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
It is referred to as the chav map, but I must admit, it is a laugh.
Would just use it on the driveway though to be fair to piss the neighbours off. You can switch between the two easily.

997.1, Caddy, e208
MAke sure you read Henk's notes on setting cruise/speed limiter switch to "off" and how to recalibrate it. I didnt do this on my 172 and lost cruise

Yozza'd Titanium 182
If you read the guide on the site and look at the YouTube link you will be fine.

Unlock licence
http://www.fastchip.nl/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=33&Itemid=26

Pop and Bangs for the clio2 172/182 aka the chav map.
http://www.fastchip.nl/index.php?pa...ategory_id=20&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

It takes a day or so to get your map sent.

advice. Plug your laptop into the wall when you do it and not run it off a battry. Turn off screen savers on your laptop.

Takes 35 minutes or so.

Thanks alot, with this i should be able to work it out! really appritiate the links!

Can be that great for it when it's being flooded with ignited fuel. Probably saves fastchip being billed for cat's that they state this.

I might plug my decat in and see if the car runs any better post 98ron map. Anyone had this setup before?

Yozza'd Titanium 182
In the manual. Take time to read and look at the site.
Good lord that is one complicated maual, I don't know how people find this so easy.
Bear in mind that this map causes damage to the exhaust, lambda sensors, valves and eventually your wallet.
I do have a decat in, so at least thats something lol
MAke sure you read Henk's notes on setting cruise/speed limiter switch to "off" and how to recalibrate it. I didnt do this on my 172 and lost cruise
Is there a link to this, i cant find it? cheers

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
The Pops and Bangs is an engine killer. also very chavvy and makes your car sound broken. Has no place on a Clio. Just get the 98ron map and be happy with the performance ok

Yozza'd Titanium 182
When you say its an engine killer?
The Pops and Bangs is an engine killer. also very chavvy and makes your car sound broken. Has no place on a Clio. Just get the 98ron map and be happy with the performance ok
What do you mean ... Its not going to be ragged around all the time? Or does that not matter?

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
It have been shown to burn out valves and destroy exhaust baffels. Stuff like that.
Doesn't matter if its ragged or not, The simple fact is the map tells the engine to let unburnt fuel out into the exhaust which then explodes on its way out, these explosions will be happening in the Valves and in the exhaust, Both places that are not made to have explosions happen.