ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A CURE FOR UNDERSTEER?

Lotus Elise
Remember a completely different driving technique is required to get the most out of a FWD car compared to a RWD car.

SQ5
Sounds like your accelerating to quick and not smoothly out of the corner. Work on your throttle progression

Clio 182 Cup
OK guys, think a change of tyres are in order, i did check them and they arent far off a change, whats the best to put on?

What's best depend on whether you want them for road and track or just track? And also how much you are happy spending? R888 all round would be great.

Clio II 1.2 16V
FWD/RWD/4WD It's alll down to your right foot. Get it wrong you'lll look like a TIT. get it right you look like a GOD.

Clio 182 Cup
I need to drive to the track but 99% will be on a track, not that bothered about cost, i had r888's on my westfield and did like them

Listerine & Poledo
Get slicks on a spare set of 15's.

Stick them in the back (car stripped out for track?) then swap them for whatever road tyres you please when you get to the circuit.

Clio 182 Cup
basically standard, its not a true track day car, its a car that I use for track days if that makes sense...kind of like a run what you brung car

182cup & 172 racecar
basically standard, its not a true track day car, its a car that I use for track days if that makes sense...kind of like a run what you brung car
Unless it's lowered,caged,big exhaust,bonnet pins,888's and floppy tow straps,it's not a track car according to some on here.

Nothing wrong with standard.

Listerine & Poledo
right, so it's a road car.

Just fit some normal sports tyres (Continentals, Michelins, Pirelli or similar), save your money. R888's will likely be wasted unless you're going to start turning into an actual "track-spec" car.

EDIT: As Tony said, nothing wrong with standard. And he knows.

But the car should handle fine, provided you're not asking too much of it