ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few from Croatia

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
A few friends and i went for a long weekend in Croatia a couple of weeks ago. Having just missed the in season things were pretty quiet. We only managed a couple of towns; Split and Hvar. Both had a great mix of ancient next to new. Here are some of the pics from my compact cam (still daren't take a dslr when staying in hostels :eek:)

6212584404_3aa8f73f43.jpg

Roman walls by Mark_T, on Flickr

6212595686_000647dcbc.jpg

Habour of Split by Mark_T, on Flickr

6212599140_b91e3a5d35.jpg

Old town by Mark_T, on Flickr

6238217394_3f3212e561.jpg

Split from the water by Mark_T, on Flickr

6237701791_fffbd4e466.png

Alleyway by Mark_T, on Flickr

6215721376_a06e6ab264.png

Hvar port by Mark_T, on Flickr

6215701404_6bbcb9afc4.png

Tour group by Mark_T, on Flickr

6215218409_f0f27d6b9e.png

Clearwater by Mark_T, on Flickr

More can be found on my flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/marcustang

Thanks for looking

Good shots.
Brings back good memories.
Me and a mate did Split, Hvar and Dubrovnik in October a couple of years back.
Nice time to visit.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks guys.

It was probably just a little bit too quiet. Wasn't many people frequenting the bars at night and we were the only ones in the hostels we stayed at! Also a lot of the ladies out there are not bad on the eyes.

I agree that it is pretty quiet in October!
Did you find the amazing Mexican restaurant in Split? It only has 4 seats, run by a guy from the US. The best Mexican I've tasted!

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
^Yeah that's right

I agree that it is pretty quiet in October!
Did you find the amazing Mexican restaurant in Split? It only has 4 seats, run by a guy from the US. The best Mexican I've tasted!
Lol no. We were only in Split one night and the hostel staff recommended the restaurant for the night - Fife, near the harbour. The food was ok and we managed to get some tips from other customers about where to go/what to do in Hvar.
There was however a great restaurant in Hvar just next to the bus stop area, where after their meal some of the locals whipped out an accordion and everyone had an impromptu sing and dance!