ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A rare sight (clean!)

172 Cup
Thought I would treat the 172 cup to some autoglym polish today. After one year of ownership the paintwork has been somewhat neglected as my efforts have been put towards getting it mechanically prepared.
It still needs a lot of attention, I basically ran out of time as I was doing other bits and bobs on it but this is what it looks like at the end of today.

13039143924_978553e07e_c.jpg

13038783215_a4a0f72aff_c.jpg

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
1st white of the night and those lovely white wheels will be a lovely shade of brown!

It would look great on some nice Kumho gravel tyres............ ;-)

Cleaner and straighter than mine, but that's not hard to beat! Lol

172 Cup
It has some kumho gravel tyres on! Was up your way Friday night mate on a 12 car, didnt go well, broke a brake line down a white went to press the brake pedal and it went straight to the floor not a nice experience.
Deffinatley dont want lows lol.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
It has some kumho gravel tyres on! Was up your way Friday night mate on a 12 car, didnt go well, broke a brake line down a white went to press the brake pedal and it went straight to the floor not a nice experience.
Deffinatley dont want lows lol.

What 12 car was that?
Get the lines inside!!
It was the fuel lines that I tried to rip off on mine.

172 Cup
Whitchurch motor club. Went up round the back of chirk and oswestry. Got a hydro handbrake and bias valve now for the rears, runs inside and down to a t piece on the rear beam. Works a dream.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Mines loads better with the bios valve, big front brakes going on this week hopefully.
You still could do with my Kumho's for the moonbeam!

172 Cup
A few more, recently fitted the bilstein b14 suspension, ebc yellow rear pads (which work very well with the hydraulic handbrake)
Bled the brakes yet again with some 5.1
Yanoo stiff shift 3.0, new box, clutch and lightened flywheel.
Modified the sump guard slightly which I am happier with
Think thats about it for the time being

14112234181_b0a1b16d55_c.jpg

13928751969_7ff5852592_c.jpg

13928752399_1fd4c3dd9b_c.jpg

14092249086_67196db04e_c.jpg

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I love this. Did my first 12 car the other day and it was brilliant. Just out of interest how have you mounted your seat? Straight to floor rails or to a subframe and how have you mounted your lap strap on the handbrake side. I have a harness coming next week but not 100% where to mount that point?

172 Cup
I love this. Did my first 12 car the other day and it was brilliant. Just out of interest how have you mounted your seat? Straight to floor rails or to a subframe and how have you mounted your lap strap on the handbrake side. I have a harness coming next week but not 100% where to mount that point?

Cheers! The seats are mounted on sparco subframes and the harness is clipped onto a eyebolt which is bolted through the subframe. How did you get on?

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Cheers! The seats are mounted on sparco subframes and the harness is clipped onto a eyebolt which is bolted through the subframe. How did you get on?

Okay thanks. We did pretty well and came 3rd. But my navigator knew what she was doing. I just drove at the required speed and tried not to crash. Which was mostly successful!!!!

My handbrake is s**t tho so that and a sump guard are on the to do list now.

172 Cup
Couple from a recent rally, unfortunatley had to retire due to a puncture and a broken jack resulting in too much time being lost.

The woodyard was fun though.

15118271346_244aa88d41_c.jpg
]
15140888702_ce64cc0465_c.jpg