ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A slightly 'different' dash/dials conversion...

?
Oh yeaaaah :cool:

[youtube]wkmBKOD7xsw[/youtube]

After much hard work and help from some ppl on the forum (you know who you are guys... thanks!) ... still not completely finished. If you notice the light goes dim again at circa 6000 rpm (which is when i should have shifted by anyway as the power drops around here on the k4m). This wasnt intentional but is kinda a cool effect lol.

Also - It looks 100% smoother when driving, hard to explain. Also my mums camera hasnt really done it justice (The whole gauge face changes colour, more of a red tinge :evil:).

?
Thanks for the comments guys! I'm not gnna piss about... it was a lot of hard work, but maybe thats because I have no electrical knowledge (well, little bits and bobs) and a lot of it was trial and error, with the odd breakage.

Nice work, The gradual fade at the end of the RPM to red would be nice, Im sure thats what your trying to achieve.

None the less kudos for doing it it looks pretty decent as it is.

MK3

Dynamiqueee
I remember seeing a thread asking about how to do this, wondered when somebody would actually do it.

Looks very nice mate

You may have just set a new trend!

alien green rs133
dude have you got any pics of where you mounted Extra led's and specs please :D

shift light set at 7500 rpm :D

Last edited:
  fiesta 1.25
well the video shows you shifting at about 6500 so just thought it woul look better if your shifting just after it comes on

?
Guys - need your help/advise with one thing on this. ATM my curcuit runs off a 12v from the cigarette lighter, is there anyway of getting it to only turn on with the sidelights? So it only turns on with the main dashboard lights? I'm pretty sure some people here have got neons etc to turn on with the dash illumination so maybe?....

Also - IF anyone is good with circuits please pm me. Need to make sense of the datasheet for a chip or two!

Last edited: