ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Abarth 500 Detail

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
So the girlfriends Abarth hasn't really been properly cleaned since it went to Midlands car care for a new car detail and that went tits up. So car was heavily pitted in tar/iron and a few swirl marks from when I let the girlfriend wash it when I wasn't around to help. Got most of the swirls out by hand, could maybe do with a quick going over with polisher but I haven't got mine set up yet.

Didn't really take any before or during photos as I just got on with it with the weather being patchy all day.

Very pleased with the outcome though, looks super glossy. A nice wet look. Was polished with AF Tripple and sealed with Hyr02. Other products used were valetpro snowfoam, AF revive on tyres and plastics, Gtechniq perfect glass and sealed with G5. Dragons breath, AS Tardis.

Heres some after photos anyway.

15010252482_c9dd6cfb2a_c.jpg

IMG_0346

15007533931_70d6f09dfe_c.jpg

IMG_0352

14824001928_82c64fe1a4_c.jpg

IMG_0356

15010630065_fe3eec607d_c.jpg

IMG_0345

14824011628_c9e2287a2c_c.jpg

IMG_0344

15010619535_da335648a7_c.jpg

IMG_0358

15010240742_dc80ea2aac_c.jpg

IMG_0362

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Awesome little thing.

is that exhaust standard?

I love these but I couldn't own one in that colour. didn't even know they did that colour on the abarths... I'm aware it's your gfs car and the colour is feminine so it's not a dig at the colour but I'm rambling now.

Good work :)

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Awesome little thing.

is that exhaust standard?

I love these but I couldn't own one in that colour. didn't even know they did that colour on the abarths... I'm aware it's your gfs car and the colour is feminine so it's not a dig at the colour but I'm rambling now.

Good work :)

Cheers mate.

Its an aftermarket version of the non stainless Monza exhaust but in full stainless instead, very rare apparently and cost a fortune. We found it on ebay for £300 lol.

Know what you mean about the colour, its very girly but at the same time I love it haha.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Agree with Danny above but otherwise it's cracking. Girly colour but that makes sense!

What happened with Midland's car care?

Clio 200T
These are actually quite a good little car.

And although it's a girly colour looks really nice :)

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Looks great!

What happened at mcc?

Agree with Danny above but otherwise it's cracking. Girly colour but that makes sense!

What happened with Midland's car care?
Went in for cquartz protection, got home and washed it next day and it didn't bead at all, not sure if it didn't take properly to the paint work or it was a bad batch of cquartz. Was pretty similar to what happened to that guys focus ST on here.

Russ was great at first and arranged to send some Modesta up instead for me to apply myself but it took about 3 months to actually get it off him as he kept forgetting. Was just a bit disappointed with the overall service really in the end. Granted the Cquartz might not of been his fault but his after care lacked for me.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Went in for cquartz protection, got home and washed it next day and it didn't bead at all, not sure if it didn't take properly to the paint work or it was a bad batch of cquartz. Was pretty similar to what happened to that guys focus ST on here.

Russ was great at first and arranged to send some Modesta up instead for me to apply myself but it took about 3 months to actually get it off him as he kept forgetting. Was just a bit disappointed with the overall service really in the end. Granted the Cquartz might not of been his fault but his after care lacked for me.

That's balls to be honest. Would not have been happy. He's also giving the product a bad name.

Honda & VW
Looks stunning. Although it is a very girly colour I really like it. When I bought my mountain bike they did the womens version in that colour, always rated it although I'd never have a car in that colour unless I used your excuse of belonging to the other half

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
That's balls to be honest. Would not have been happy. He's also giving the product a bad name.

Yeah it certainly put me off ever going back to him. Have read a couple of other bad reports about MCC since regarding an Abarth 500 that was wrapped as well.

But live and learn I guess. I'm sure he has plenty of happy customers.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Looks stunning. Although it is a very girly colour I really like it. When I bought my mountain bike they did the womens version in that colour, always rated it although I'd never have a car in that colour unless I used your excuse of belonging to the other half

Cheers, yeah I think I just about get away with driving it. I think....

Car looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing, I have a real soft spot for the Abarth 500 and I didnt realise they did them in blue! Lovely little car

Sian :)

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Stunning :D.

Cheers!

Gleaming brother, lovely job.

Thanks mate. You still enjoying yours?

Car looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing, I have a real soft spot for the Abarth 500 and I didnt realise they did them in blue! Lovely little car

Sian :)

Thanks! Yeah was a new option colour last year :)

That got the Monza can on it @Lal B3N

It isn't mate, its a Magneti Marelli stainless steel version of the Monza. According to some people quite a rare and expensive exhaust. We got it off ebay barely used.