ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aberdeen Meet

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Hi guys,

Just moved up this way and would like to have a meet or arrange to go out for a few beers to meet some of the locals.

Passat 170 DSG Wagon
I'd certainly be up for it as I havn't done a CS meet yet. Where abouts in Aberdeen are you based? Liking it so far? You'll grow used to the greyness of the place...

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Not been here long.

Based in Bridge of Don.

No idea where to go, or what roads etc to pick. I'd have to let someone else do the organising.

clio 182
I will be up for this as well, we need a meet up here, some brilliant roads out my way in ballater etc!!

Passat 170 DSG Wagon
You're just accross the river from myself then. Alot of good roads up here - small run on the twisties at Tyrebagger on the A96 and then they get better the further in you go. Avoid the beach area like the plague as all of the local idiots are drawn to the place. We could organise a drive and eat evening or weekend in the area and see what happens?

Passat 170 DSG Wagon
I can do anytime after 7 on a Saturday or after 6 on a Sunday or could meet today if anyone is feeling spontaneous.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I'm assuming by that you mean you work on weekends? Maybe next weekend would be a good call?

Ali, Justin, do you fancy it?

ly 200, 172 cup
i would cum up for a cs meet and am sure a few of my friends would b up for a drive up to aberdeen when you planning on havin this meet

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I've been making some new friends and hoping to drag along some lads with a Subaru thing and a Mk1 CTR. It's an R reg, the one with LSD.

Cairn O Mount is worth a run over, and further out would be up towards Glenshee etc..

Plenty of good roads around Aberdeen

clio 182
the cairn gets my vote, its about 3 mins from me:cool:

i would say up glenshee, its a trek but epic roads and good for some photo shoots!

the picture below my name was taken at the pass between ballater and the lecht, cant remember the name of it but its good as well.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Shall we "set a date" then. How about a week on Sunday? Gives everyone a chance to put aside some time. So the 24th of October.

Where shall we all meet?

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Decision made.

Photo meet.

Wednesday 20th of October.

Say 8pm ish.

AB Confrence Centre.

Then depending on no's etc we can sort out a run. (for a later date - this maybe good so that we can meet up and get to know some new faces).

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Canny make the 24th.

However can make wednesday, but standing in the fcukin cold taking pics doesn't enamour me much at all. Plus the lights in that carpark are a swine for getting good pics. Better off going into union square carpark!

Passat 170 DSG Wagon
Can always meet there and then move on if it's no good. Hopefully the weather won't be too shocking.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah. I don't really know where I'm going so can meet there and go to Union? If it's too cold can always head off. Just thought it maybe best to have a quick car park meet just to put some names to faces etc.

Passat 170 DSG Wagon
Ill hopefully bring some mates from work along. If the weather is crap we can head to union square or the denburn in the city centre.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Nice one. My mate in the EK9 is unforutnatley in work in Edinburough this week/giving me excuses/it's a pretty good excuse tbh.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
SAC this boys!!! No danger am i going out in the snow in the clio!

Anybody fancy the football, food and pint in Enigma tonite??! All invited...A meet indoors!!!!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It won't be funny once it gets down here. 225/40/17 tyres..... FML.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Fpmsl! You forgot RWD?

But tbh with tyres that wide it won't matter what wheel drive you are!

The Z4 has a 30 side wall? f**k me! Rubber band much!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Fpmsl! You forgot RWD?

But tbh with tyres that wide it won't matter what wheel drive you are!

The Z4 has a 30 side wall? f**k me! Rubber band much!

Useless! Absolutely useless! Means i get to work from home tho! Peachy! back to the wanking chariott!