ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

abrasive polish

clio 172
hi guys i normally use poorboys ssr for really badly swirled/scratched paintwork but i ran out today and i just got a call from my cousins girlfriend asking if i can pc her saxo for her, its in really bad condition its covered in swirls, scratches and the paint is faided only thing is she needs her car doing befor saturday so i need someone to recommend me a polish i can get from halfords or somewhere similar that can do the same job as the poorboys polish because if i order over the net it wont be here in time i need a polish as abrasive as the poorboys ssr 2 or the 2.5 cheers guys graham

clio 172
ive got about 3 tubes of scratch x seems like the best option given the choises available i guess just wont get the results i want though :(

106 GTi
Check if they have the latest version of Scratch X as I believe has been reformulated for machine use now, early ones gum up when they get warm.

If it is bad as you say it is Autoglym Paint Renovater by machine may be a possible fix.

106 GTi
Don't use it myself, but a few users and even Megs themselves said it was not meant for machine use and went odd if it got to warm.