ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS RING CRACKED

Mk2 Ph2
As title got a cracked abs ring on my passengers side, anyone know how much it will cost to get fixed? its a mk2 ph2 non sport!
Cheers

RX8, Clio II 1.6 16v
I think Renault sell the ring itself cheap. The problem is that fitting it requires either pulling out the whole driveshaft (and draining the gearbox) or breaking the CV joint in half. I think I was charged £90 to do this once.

2003 Clio 172
Nah....

Both mine were cracked, £10 a ring from ebay......took about 25 minutes to fit.

If you are confident enough to pull the driveshaft from the hub you'll be fine.

EDIT: no driveshafts have to come out of any gearboxes.....why would they?

Jj

Not meaning to hi-jack/de-rail...

Fred I dropped you an e-mail about upgrading brakes and a few parts I was after. Just wondering if you recieved it?

RX8, Clio II 1.6 16v
Soz for the mis-information. I checked my records and and a few years ago Reanult garage charged me £168 for this! When I questioned it they told me they had to pull out the whole shaft, grrr. If I did not need the car to pass the MOT that day I would have looked at the job myself and realised.