ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

abs sensors for 182 and availability

Clio RS182
I have a Nov. 2005 Clio RS 182 that requires the correct abs sensor on the left rear. I purchased two from a very good local factor, but neither fit. Steve at Birchdown tells me the sensor heads are at the wrong angle. The factor had been able to use Renault data which correctly identified my chassis no.: VF 1CB22OF34669289 (reg. EM55 COE), but said that my car was not fitted with ESP according to Renault. A contemporary Auto Express test of a 182 Cup asserts that ESP was fitted as standard, my handbook contains two pages on the ESP, and my dash has the correct symbol of a skidding car, lit up as well as the abs light currently. Does anyone know if my full-fat 182 with a Cup chassis option would have definitely had ESP? More to the point, who can supply them anymore? The thread referring to the Stark/ Triscan sensor issue is a lead (!) I have followed to an extent, but after great hassle re a replacement alternator, even when I new exactly what I required, I am wary of paying for more sensors that don't fit. If I find a reliable supplier, I will let you all know.
IMG_8710.JPG

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Here’s a picture of one of my old beams with sensors still in place. Might help you a bit. NSR (left) two male pins and the shorter of the two. OSR (right) female plug and much longer.

IMG_1220.jpeg

Clio RS182
Many thanks for your trouble, and various very helpful replies and photographs. I will purchase from one of the suggested suppliers, and re-book it at Birchdown, when they have finished jobs with my wife's identical 182! There is great comfort in having Andy and Steve sorting our cars out.