ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Accelerator Cable Clip

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
IMG_07481.jpg

Have lost the clip that you attach to the accelerator cable that stops it's position moving, can be seen here to the right of the silver bracket (although not the best picture) question is where do I get one from as quickly as possible? Is it something I am only going to get from Renault?

I knew I shouldn't have started messing about with the car in the rain :smile:

Cheers
Gareth

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Sorry, not much help then. Do keep adding to the wanted request with 'anyone?' to keep it high up so people see it. Also try sending a message to Budgie, he might have a bit like this knocking about. Other than that I'd be walking round the biggest local scrap yard looking for a Clio pre-2001 and taking one from that. You can always call Renault, I'd try the people in Swindon at Fish Brothers first and see if they are available and how much, it may not be too bad.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Sorry, not much help then. Do keep adding to the wanted request with 'anyone?' to keep it high up so people see it. Also try sending a message to Budgie, he might have a bit like this knocking about. Other than that I'd be walking round the biggest local scrap yard looking for a Clio pre-2001 and taking one from that. You can always call Renault, I'd try the people in Swindon at Fish Brothers first and see if they are available and how much, it may not be too bad.

Tried Renault unfortunately no longer available, no reply from Budgie, found one at Renparts but they wanted £13.50 and I would have come up with another solution before paying that amount for a clip :smile: tried a few breakers all over the phone as not many places local anyway having said all that I think I have one arriving in the post from a breaker on the South Coast who saw my post on one of the Facebook posts and has sent one out, finger's crossed it arrives and is the right thing!! Thank you for the help, much appreciated

172 Ph1
Bet you haven't been into the workshop and asked a Renault tech to have a little look [emoji102] in his tool box . Bound to be one in there [emoji1303]

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Bet you haven't been into the workshop and asked a Renault tech to have a little look [emoji102] in his tool box . Bound to be one in there [emoji1303]
If the one that comes isn't right that might be exactly where I will be going :smile: