ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Acceptable work? Decat fitting

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Just file a complaint to trading standards
Get a letter from the exhaust place and photos.You have taken your time too try and sort it out.But the owner is ignoring you
Also leave a one star review on Google and FB

Clio 182 Trophy
Update - Spoke to the owner (Mike) finally. He is still adamant it was fitted perfectly and they did the best job they could do. He said the welding is reversible as they could take it off again. I said to him that surely when the bloke had finished he looked at it and must have seen it was ill-fitting.

I told him I'd had a second opinion and he told me he didn't care and said the garage that can do it in half hour must be bloody good and I should go to them.

I told him that ultimately I want my money back for the poor work and he just flat refused.

What a prick

RB Clio 182
Update - Spoke to the owner (Mike) finally. He is still adamant it was fitted perfectly and they did the best job they could do. He said the welding is reversible as they could take it off again. I said to him that surely when the bloke had finished he looked at it and must have seen it was ill-fitting.

I told him I'd had a second opinion and he told me he didn't care and said the garage that can do it in half hour must be bloody good and I should go to them.

I told him that ultimately I want my money back for the poor work and he just flat refused.

What a prick
What a f**king wanker!

Losing his already tosspot reputation for the sake of £120, idiot!

Atleast you havnt spent £7-8k for shoddy work mate, bit atleast my cowboy has lost everything(hopefully)

Clio 182 Trophy
What a f**king wanker!

Losing his already tosspot reputation for the sake of £120, idiot!

Atleast you havnt spent £7-8k for shoddy work mate, bit atleast my cowboy has lost everything(hopefully)

True, I've got away quite cheaply when you look at it like that!

Spoken to citizens advice again and they said about writing a letter and going to court etc (sounds like too much hard work tbh). The bank said I can't get anything back without written proof of what I asked the garage for in the first place but it was all done over the phone.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Name and shame em? I'm sure a few people off here would phone them up lol.

RB Clio 182
True, I've got away quite cheaply when you look at it like that!

Spoken to citizens advice again and they said about writing a letter and going to court etc (sounds like too much hard work tbh). The bank said I can't get anything back without written proof of what I asked the garage for in the first place but it was all done over the phone.
Just go key a couple of his customers cars.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Spoken to citizens advice again and they said about writing a letter and going to court etc (sounds like too much hard work tbh).

It's fairly quick/simple to file a case, can be done online.
but if you don't want the hassle of messing around with court and such then just slate the c**t online in everyplace you can find.

The pictures alone speak a thousand words, you could upload them to their Google listing.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
What a c**k womble. Definitely post your review as far and wide as you can. If he won't refund you the last you can do is try keep others away from the c**t. Maybe all of cs could book in with him and give him a nice quiet week or 2!

Clio 182 Trophy
What a c**k womble. Definitely post your review as far and wide as you can. If he won't refund you the last you can do is try keep others away from the c**t. Maybe all of cs could book in with him and give him a nice quiet week or 2!
Haha love it!

Done the online reporting thing with trading standards so will see where that goes.

Might get the angle grinder out and get rid of the welds in a few weeks, try and get it back to standard. Anyone had an experience of these flange repair kit things? Obviously not these actual ones...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E46-M...998373?hash=item33c310eca5:g:PsEAAOSwo4pYK3At

M2 Competition
Have met a few garage owners like this, hate it when people try and mug you off and treat you like a pr*ck.

Have just read that they've welded it together and its irreversible. You wont be able to get an mot like that... I'd try get them to fix it.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Have met a few garage owners like this, hate it when people try and mug you off and treat you like a pr*ck.

Have just read that they've welded it together and its irreversible. You wont be able to get an mot like that... I'd try get them to fix it.

Unless its blowing, it would pass an MOT.

Clio 182 Trophy
Just seen that they've now had a big influx of 5 star reviews and the owners replied to other 1 stars. Not mine though!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Unacceptable work and poor customer service from 4 winds. Went to them for advice on fitting a part to my car which they said they could do. I asked for it to be left in a reversible state, in case I wanted it undone. The fitting was awful and the part had been welded which is not really reversible. Tried to contact the owner but he's always out and hasn't tried to call me back.

He's replied now, still seems like a total moron tbh.

We're sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the work we did fitting a CAT removal conversion however some of what you state here is false.
The exhaust is not welded to the car, the slits in the exhaust were welded up so that the exhaust clamps would fit, If the exhaust was supported by other means it would not be reversible.
We are happy to change it back, but your issues with the exhaust stem from its design and therefore we cannot do this for free.
Furthermore, we find it highly suspicious and potentially libelous that in the days following your conversation with our manager, several fake reviews have appeared for our garage on google. We have flagged these with google as false, and will consult a solicitor in the event that more appear.

Clio 182 Trophy
Ha, interesting. Funny that it's suspicious to get negative reviews but legit to get positive ones. Given up on him to be honest. I'm still in contact with trading standards so will be going down that route.

Clio 182 Trophy
Haven't looked at this for ages but had a bit of spare time recently. The decat has stayed in its place and to be fair coped with 2.5k miles around Scotland and then Wales.

Got the angle grinder out and as some had already imagined, the olive joint has been cut off the centre.

I surprised myself by being able to cut the decat off the centre, rather than just chopping everything in sight.

So now I believe I need something like below, to get it sorted. Am I looking at the right thing? - https://m.ebay.com/itm/Flared-End-E...-Joiner-Repair-Tube-/320753514687?_mwBanner=1
70acfac701b9aa6f62cd850beffae831.jpg

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Just take it to a proper exhaust place, the kind that only do exhaust work and get it sleeved. Shouldn't cost too much.