ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Acorn Archimedes

172 A Cupwork Orange™
can anyone remember these ?

i used to play a game called Thrust on it at school used to love this game anyone know what im talking about :rasp:

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Yep. I wrote a lot of software for these, I've still got a couple of machines stashed at my parents house.

I still find it amazing that most mobile phones use Acorns processor design.

Steve Furber and Sophie Wilson are gods.

3.2 V6 4KEV, 944 Cab, 172
Mint! :D

I remember playing 'Lemmings' on mine!!

My parents ended up giving mine to their decorator, for his kids - he did an extra room for them, for free - even though it was c. 10 years ago, the poor sod obviously didn't realise they were obselete! Shame though, they'll be worth a mint one day, doubt there's many left...

Anyone have a 'BBC Model B'??

I still have my Sinclair Spectrum +2 (built-in cassette player) with hundreds of games! :D

I have 4 Archimedes/Acorns :D

Vern if I remember I will have a look for you as I have loads of software still

Anyone for Elite?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Shame though, they'll be worth a mint one day, doubt there's many left...

lol. I doubt it. There were a lot of them about!

I remember an original prototype of the ARM1 silicon in a bbc "tube" extension didn't sell for much on ebay when it surfaced a few years back - that is proper computing history.

I believe it ended up in some computer museum.

172 A Cupwork Orange™
zarch, aye thats it where did i get thrust from lol, man i used to love playing that game at school :)

172 A Cupwork Orange™
i would love to own one of them just for sentimental reasons, that as well as a bbc, grannys garden rules :)

visualize whirled pe
Blast from the past!!!!!

I remember Arch's and BBC micro's (chucky egg!) We had an Archimedes at highschool, the internal speaker was really quiet but it could acually play proper sampled music unlike the bleeps and twirps you'd get from a PC without an Adlib / soundblaster card. In the last year we had a 14mhz 486 PC with a dual speed CD-ROM drive we called it the 'beasty' because it was the best thing we'd ever seen hahaha..... looking back now.

I used to love my 1040 STe around then, eventually got into Amiga's writing early 'acid house' and 'drum and bass' music in Pro Tracker 4 track sequencers i also used d-paint.

Megane Mk4
eventually got into Amiga's writing early 'acid house' and 'drum and bass' music in Pro Tracker 4 track sequencers i also used d-paint.
Another 'tracker' eh? lol

Used to run that on a regular but I was a P-Paint user instead of D-Paint. ;)

Only used an Archimedes once and that was at school, never was a great fan of tbh, was more a spectrum fan at the time. Still own a Plastic keyed 48Kb+ Spectrum with the interface II socket and the Ultimate Games collection (Sabre Wulf, Jetpac etc..) Also have classics like Manic Minor, Jet Set Willy and the entire Horace collection! :D

Oh dear, I have rediscovered Elite (again!) thanks to this thread, I now wont have a life for the next 3 months!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Anybody remember Arthur?

I remember having parts of RiscOS3 about a year before it was released!