ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adams ph1 172 ?

CLIO PH1 172
just found this actually

DoorHandlesSmall.gif

DoorHandles1Small.gif

172 Cup
Good project thread, enjoyed reading through it, what did you do with your old Steering wheel by the way? and where abouts in Southeast london you from? im in Grove Park.

CLIO PH1 172
so iv got the driver one on and sorted i just need to sort the gap and find some sort of pull to close the door easy.....thoughts?

80b2dc42.jpg

3310fc73.jpg

340i
you need the Renault Sport door handle spacers as shown in the above images on the RB 182....

For the door pull just bolt a handle / pull into the door skin, or use a looped over strap with an eye bolted in?

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Adam, I looked at using a TRS tow strap I have, but defintiely not suitable. Too big, plus the end nearest the bolt hole is really rigid so wouldn't sit properly.

You are welcome to try though as I'm looking for a solution myself.

Regarding the red pull strap, is that from the Boxster Spyder? Anyone know where you can get something similar?

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Exactly same gap as you mate, doesn't bother me too much as I'm function over form, but I will be after a solution once you've found one ;)

CLIO PH1 172
ahh ok, yea for an all out track car like yours i wouldn't even bother, but i use this as my daily and things like this will bug me lol :mad::mad::mad::mad:

172 Cup
Adam, I looked at using a TRS tow strap I have, but defintiely not suitable. Too big, plus the end nearest the bolt hole is really rigid so wouldn't sit properly.

You are welcome to try though as I'm looking for a solution myself.

Regarding the red pull strap, is that from the Boxster Spyder? Anyone know where you can get something similar?

no was from a GT3, but similar yes, im not sure of anything similar but im sure it wont be hard to fabricate with the doorcard, im abit drunk but dont think it'll be to difficult to acheive similar looks/results

CLIO PH1 172
im abit drunk but dont think it'll be to difficult to acheive similar looks/results

Yea same her mate iv got the bird naggin at me to get off here lol but yea I'm going to look in to making something that looks pretty OEM to suit

TrackCar & F30 330d
I'm not sure if you've sorted it yet but if you take the your CF doorcards off and where the door handle mounts you just need to tap it hard with a large hammer a bit. Then the door handle will sit flush. Burp did it on Burpspeed 1.

Saves you buying the Rsport jobbies.

Also with the fabric door pulls, Buy dog leads off the bay. they are a perfect size and thay are cheap

CLIO PH1 172
Ah amazing didn't even think of doing that *goes and find a big hammer*

And dog leads also a neat idea but iv been thinking of some thing else ;)

Il post pics of a smashed up door tomorrow lol

CLIO PH1 172
tidied a few bits up on the car today, fitted a new(old stereo) as mine had broke!! also got some cable tidy and covered all the battery cables in the back.

also took the car to a mate to look at painting the interior, after a quick chat he basicly said do it my self rather than waste my money lol.

I have decided its going to go satin black, I will be getting the paint, primer, sandpaper ect over the next couple of weeks, after my clutch is done and the mot's out the way i will be striping the roof lining, front carpet and the tar then start painting. when it warms up a bit (hopfully!!)

CLIO PH1 172
Thanks mate great help

Right iv sorted it all I need to do now is cable and find an earth and a live near where the switches are going :D

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Earths are everywhere, any bolts around the handbrake etc... just check they're earthed when the handbrake is on and off!!!

Live, take the one that used to go the switches, run it around the footwell and into your centre consol bit, bobs your monk house. It's fused properly then too.

CLIO PH1 172
UPDATE : ....Another problem :mad::mad::mad:

So last night I went to use the car and the key fob was a bit slow I tried it a few times and it eventually opened the doors (so i thought to myself battery in fob is on its way out. remember to get one tomorrow!!)

anyway go to start the car and the alarm goes off....aggggggghh ffs... try clicking the fob again but nothing. it just wouldn't turn off, so i started the car and it turned the alarm off but as soon as i drove the car the alarm went back off again .....aggggh fooook this,took the cut off switch out and left it untill today.

so went and got a new bat for the fob but its still the same theres no way of my turning the alarm off.

i dont no why its doing it its baffled me im out of ideas of what to do????

any ideas people, im going mad!!!

CLIO PH1 172
it doesnt even beep as if ther is a dodgy switch of anything its just constant as soon as a re-connect the car battery via the cut off switch!

Mk5 golf gti
could try to turn the alarm off

get in turn on the igntion so dash is lit up and do that twice

then lock the doors within 20secs and it should beep 3 times i think to say alarm is deactivated

will do to shut it up till its sorted

CLIO PH1 172
and how do i turn it back on? i never even knew it could be turned off thanks, i will give it a go

CLIO PH1 172
looks like its the car battery thats flat, i connected it up to another battery this morning and all is good. new battery will be on saturday.

CLIO PH1 172
wow its been a while since i was last in this thread!!

anyway UPDATES:

the problem with my car not starting was to do with the immobiliser and the chip in my key. so i brought a new key and a spare from renault and the problem was sorted!!

115485fc.jpg

i have also fitted new wheels :D yes lensos (pics below)

fitted some beefy spacers, although tbh i need bigger - currently running 30mm front 25mm rear(each side)

adjusted the camber bolts to max

also i have hit the 100k mark so i gave it a good service -oil-plugs-filter clean-brakes-disks-fluid......

oh and some wind deflectors :D

anyway hers some pics of how its sitting now!

IMG_8782.jpg

IMG_8797.jpg

IMG_8780.jpg

IMG_8774.jpg

IMG_8775.jpg

IMG_8776.jpg

IMG_8741.jpg

IMG_8732.jpg

IMG_8764.jpg

IMG_8740.jpg

IMG_8726.jpg

IMG_8828.jpg

IMG_8786.jpg

IMG_8817.jpg

things still to do:

lower the rear more (remove adjusters)
space both the front and rear wheels more.
fit camber shims to rear
get the interior painted (satin black)

comments please guys!

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Wheels look quite good on it considering there lensos :approve: had a good look about it at FCS too. Love the dash! :D