ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adding oil to diesel?

172 Silver Cup
I have heard that certain diesel cars can run with cooking oils poured straight into tank, or 50/50. I have also read that it can ruin pumps and seals. Does anyone know if a Peugeot 306hdi is ok? Also how much oil to diesel should I use? What kind of oil? And am I really gonna save any money? Will I lose a bit of performance? The price of fuel isn't getting any cheaper and I do roughly 500 miles a week! Was only planning on doing this in the summer too as heard it works better when warm!

RB FF 182
Price up a diesel fuel pump for it and then work out the costs you're going to save.

Bio-diesel can be a little cheaper but can ruin some key components in a derv engine.

Alternitivly some cars will run on Bio/cooking oil ethanol mix for years and give very little bother.

Do a little googling on it!