ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adjustable Brake Bias

L200
Hi All
I'm about to fit a Tilton brake bias valve to my Cup (sprint and hillclimb car) and was hoping somebody who has successfully done this could confirm the way they've plumbed it.
I was planning on taking the rear brake feed from one of the ports on the master cylinder and blanking off the other. I've searched on here and noticed a few have teed the two together but this would join both 'halves' of the master cylinder so a failure in the system could mean a total loss of brakes.
Any thoughts?
Wyn

L200
Could you not just tee it before and after on the in and out where you want it fitting i.e by the gear stick?
Thanks, but teeing the two rears together joins the both 'halves' of the master cylinder together so any failure would mean total brake loss.

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
As stated you probably don't need to touch it, it's a common misconception that the Tilton valves etc change the brake bias. They do not change the bias all they do is reduce/slow the pressure build up. This gives the feeling that the bias has changed but all it has done is slow the rate at which the pressure builds on the rear calipers, which is great for when you stonk on the pedal as they dont lockup straight away but if your braking for a long period of time like in wet conditions then pressure can build enough to make the bias 50/50 which leads to a slighty loose rear end if trail braking or forced to brake heavily coming into a corner.

The only real way to do it is fit a dual MC bias pedal box, i have an AP valve in my car and the only reason for that is because i didn't want to run lines to the back axle then backup to my hydro handbrake to go back to the rear axle again..