ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

administrator permission bypass?

Well lads :)

I'm trying to clear some viruses off a friends laptop but he doesn't know his brothers account password.

I'm trying to install malwarebytes and also run combofix but both are asking the administrator password when I try run them:(

It's running windows 7(sp1 I'd say)
Anyway passed this?

Thanks

Nissan 350z
Also try booting into Safemode and installing Malware Bytes there. Could be the malware/virus thats blocking you from installing.

You'd still need to know the administrator logon to do that.

UBCD is your friend, use it to reset the password:

http://www.ubcd4win.com/downloads.htm

What do you do with the cd....
Boot it from startup?

I'll text him and ask can I change the password(or get it off the brother)

Also try booting into Safemode and installing Malware Bytes there. Could be the malware/virus thats blocking you from installing.

Tried that already:(
still asking for the password.

DCi
Can you right click my computer, select management, find your way to users and groups and if there is an account for the brother and a separate one called administrator?

I can't remember if you can view it with just user access

But it might be worth booting up, pressing switch user and typing administrator for username and blank password - the amount of people that dont set it when they unbox leaves a handy way in quite often!

Fiesta ST
Reinstall can be quicker than trying to clean it. I've spent many hours removing Malware from some systems and you don't always get all the rootkits even if you think it's clean.

Tbh if there's that much crap on there would you not be better off just formatting and reinstalling windows? I doubt you'd ever remove all the crap on there!

+1,000! ;)

D.

Reinstall can be quicker than trying to clean it. I've spent many hours removing Malware from some systems and you don't always get all the rootkits even if you think it's clean.

Ya I know a reinstall would be so much quicker(and better)
But I was told not to delete anything off it.
One file on the desktop called services(dialogys I guess?) was 13.1gb with 40K folders!

Can you right click my computer, select management, find your way to users and groups and if there is an account for the brother and a separate one called administrator?

I can't remember if you can view it with just user access

But it might be worth booting up, pressing switch user and typing administrator for username and blank password - the amount of people that dont set it when they unbox leaves a handy way in quite often!

To select management I needed the password :)
No the administrator wasn't there when you go to log in.

Thanks for all the help though :)

Good news is is though I booted up "offline nt password & registry editor" changed his sisters user account to administrator. I then could install and run the anti viruses.
Next booted up that program again and I got rid of the password on the brothers account :)

Its simples!

I love/hate (more hate;) ) working on other peoples stuff...

DCi
well if you are in then i would go for the backup any of his s**t you can and format option as mentioned by the others