ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Admiral Insurance question

WANTED Arctic 182
My insurance is due again and I'm probably going to renew with Admiral. I pay for the full amount upfront so no direct debits.

I'm looking to get a 182 soon so would need to cancel that policy and get a new one. Would they refund me the amount I pay minus what how many months I've used and admin charges?

I don't want to pay Anually if I don't get my money back when cancelling so can someone just confirm this?

Thanks very much!

Black 197
Im with admiral too, When i changed from my 182 to my 197 last week they just upgraded the policy for me for free, I pay monthly DD though but im sure you'd only have to pay the difference, Cant see why you'd need to start a new policy tbh

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Why do you need to cancel the policy? Can't you just change the details of the car?

ITB'd 182...
Phone Customer Services and do a change of vehichle fella

Will charge you a change over fee and maybe an increase in premium depending on whats on cover atm

WANTED Arctic 182
Yeah I would change car but with me there is a problem. Basically me details at the moment stand at:

18, Held license for 1 year and 1 Years no claim. When I get the 182 my details will be:

19 Held license for 2 years and 1 years no claim.

Just by becoming 19 and having my license for 2 years the premiem drops by 3 thousand pound!

So my problem is when I renew now, I'll have the first set of details. Meaning they will charge loads to swap vehicle over!

Have a 1.4 now by the way!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
im with them and regularly change between my dci and my 172, they just charge me the extra in premium in a lump sum (or refund it if im going from 172 to dci)

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Yeah I would change car but with me there is a problem. Basically me details at the moment stand at:

18, Held license for 1 year and 1 Years no claim. When I get the 182 my details will be:

Just by becoming 19 and having my license for 2 years the premiem drops by 3 thousand pound!

So my problem is when I renew now, I'll have the first set of details. Meaning they will charge loads to swap vehicle over!

But they shid reconise this if you just change the cars details, By cancelling you policy you will lose this years no claims. So i would recommend keeping the policy till it ends then you will get you no claims, then change policy.

ITB'd 182...
We would take that into acount fella

But ring renewals or customer services just in case :)

WANTED Arctic 182
But they shid reconise this if you just change the cars details, By cancelling you policy you will lose this years no claims. So i would recommend keeping the policy till it ends then you will get you no claims, then change policy.

If I renew with a years no claims and then cancel that policy I should still keep that 1 years no claims?

Black 197

I dont see how it'll decrease by 3 grand seeing as your 1 year older and have an extra years no claims, By the time you stick the 182 on your premium will prob be the same as it was if not higher imo

WANTED Arctic 182
I dont see how it'll decrease by 3 grand seeing as your 1 year older and have an extra years no claims, By the time you stick the 182 on your premium will prob be the same as it was if not higher imo

Sorry my fault.

What I meant was that if i insure a 182 now with me being 18, it will be 4500 (ish)

When I'm 19 and held my license for 2 years it will be 1500 (ish).

Sounds silly. I think it's because in the first 2 years of passing your test you're more likely to crash, hence higher premium.

Black 197
Sorry my fault.

What I meant was that if i insure a 182 now with me being 18, it will be 4500 (ish)

When I'm 19 and held my license for 2 years it will be 1500 (ish).

Sounds silly. I think it's because in the first 2 years of passing your test you're more likely to crash, hence higher premium.

Ah... Not a bad quote though at 19 for a 182, Im paying 435pa FC on my 197 and im 27 with 10yrs NC

BG FF182
Ring em up and ask is the best bet, it's amazing what they'll do if you ask them rather than use the online quote things. Mention that the quote online will be cheaper when you turn 19 if that is the case and see what they come up with, afterall if you don't ask you don't get. In my experience until you start to hit your early 20's no claims count more than how old you are!!

When I bought my 182 in February all they did was charge me X amount at the time for the pleasure of now owning a 182. If I were paying on monthly direct debit they just up the monthly payments, I never ended up paying an admin charge.

If anyone can tell me why it costs me £25 a year less to declare that my car is parked on a driveway rather than in a garage I'd be well impressed :rasp:

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Ring em up and ask is the best bet, it's amazing what they'll do if you ask them rather than use the online quote things. Mention that the quote online will be cheaper when you turn 19 if that is the case and see what they come up with, afterall if you don't ask you don't get. In my experience until you start to hit your early 20's no claims count more than how old you are!!

When I bought my 182 in February all they did was charge me X amount at the time for the pleasure of now owning a 182. If I were paying on monthly direct debit they just up the monthly payments, I never ended up paying an admin charge.

If anyone can tell me why it costs me £25 a year less to declare that my car is parked on a driveway rather than in a garage I'd be well impressed :rasp:

My theory on this is with cars being harder to steal ect, more ppl are now claiming that they have crashed into their garage or something on a shelf has fallen on to the car ect.

WANTED Arctic 182
I'll renew my current insurance and just phone them nearer the time when I've got a car lined up. I've heard Admiral like to charge lots of admin fee's when and where they can!

GW 200
I'm currently with Virgin and until this Saturday just gone I had a new shape 1.4 focus. It was £850-ish a year. I'm 23 with one years no claims (although the policy was taken out when I was 22)

My renewals in a month and I've just bought a 54 plate 182 - it's upped my insurance for this last month of my policy by £101. Cheapest quote I got is £960 for the Clio for next years policy with Admiral. That's based on me at current age of 23 and now with 2 years no claims (touch wood - if nothing goes tits-up in next 4 weeks and ruins that). However I went to confused.com afterwards and then followed quotation link in confused to Admiral site and got a discount of about £100 with Admiral for using confused.com. So knocked my best quote down to about £850. So now an i/g 16 Clio will cost me same next year as my just sold i/g 4 focus. I'm no worse off for an extra 100Bhp.

So i would recommend finding your best quote then using the compare the market, go compare, confused etc and follow the link through to the actual insurance companies site - it was pop up saying you've got a discount.

Last edited: