ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ADMIRAL - you make my blood boil.

BG182ff,explod Focus
Did YOU make a claim or was it OFFERED? If the other guys insurance offered a settlement without you making a claim then YOU NEVER MADE A CLAIM and when asked if you had made a claim and you said no then that was factually correct.

If your terms and conditions state you need to report ANY accident regardless of a claim being made then that would have to include by definition every time your wheels locked up when you braked, every time you drove over a pot hole, every time you clipped a kerb while parking, every time you had to brake to avoid a person/vehicle/animal and every time you ever got a ding in your car door/wing on a car park by someone swinging their door open when you weren't there. If we all told our insurers about stuff like that then it would cost them a fortune in administration for things that will never lead to a claim.

Hehe this reminds me of my old 309 Goodwood "incident"

I was driving through a pc world car park and went between two parked cars - thought there was room, slightly clipped the bumper of a mondeo
I stopped and there was about a 1" bit of black plastic that had rubbed off my bumper onto his. There were no camera phones in those days so I couldn't take a pic.

He was disabled (motability car) - was really really nice "Don't worry, these things happen" but said as the car was leased to him he'd need my insurance details
I rang my insurance and told them I'd given the details to a guy - explained the 1" scratch - all was well

I then got a letter through saying he was claiming so I rang up and asked if I could pay for it myself to avoid my insurance going up - they recomended I didn't do that because it was a £7.5k claim!!!

The bodyshop invoice he'd put in was for a new front bumper, both side doors, boot, rear bumper AND whiplash and a personal lawsuit for trauma
LMFAO

The insurance company at the time said because I'd admitted fault there was nothing I could do

My insurance went up to over £4k a year, I had to sell my car and drive a 1.4 for 3 years

Insurance is a joke - I've often considered just not bothering, as the fine for driving without insurance is a LOT less than the overall cost of having insurance :(

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Mate they are useless! Completely. I have had so many ongoing issues with them, I don't even want to think about it!

All I can say is good luck because they made mistake after mistake on my policies.

I was driving through a pc world car park and went between two parked cars - thought there was room, slightly clipped the bumper of a mondeo
I stopped and there was about a 1" bit of black plastic that had rubbed off my bumper onto his. There were no camera phones in those days so I couldn't take a pic.

He was disabled (motability car) - was really really nice "Don't worry, these things happen" but said as the car was leased to him he'd need my insurance details
I rang my insurance and told them I'd given the details to a guy - explained the 1" scratch - all was well

I then got a letter through saying he was claiming so I rang up and asked if I could pay for it myself to avoid my insurance going up - they recomended I didn't do that because it was a £7.5k claim!!!

The bodyshop invoice he'd put in was for a new front bumper, both side doors, boot, rear bumper AND whiplash and a personal lawsuit for trauma
LMFAO

The insurance company at the time said because I'd admitted fault there was nothing I could do

My insurance went up to over £4k a year, I had to sell my car and drive a 1.4 for 3 years

Insurance is a joke - I've often considered just not bothering, as the fine for driving without insurance is a LOT less than the overall cost of having insurance :(

I hate people like that! My misses brother and his wife got hit on a round about (wasn't even a fast bump) by some poor girl who had just passed her test, first day out on the real roads and all that. My misses brother and his wife both put in full on whiplash claims and back injuries and stuff, still never stopped them going out every weekend partying, dancing, jumping about and all that. Her brother got £6k his wife got £3.5k... I wish I had taken pictures of them out jumping about and send them to their solicitors. Absolute cretins the pair of them! GRRR.

MK3 Clio DCI 86

LMFAO

Holy sh**!!