ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adventure Game?

Swift Sport
It's been a long time since I last spent ages playing a computer game. Back in my teens I was a big fan of RPG's (is that right!?) like Monkey Island and Simon The Sorcerer.

Is there anything more recent and more modern with better visuals and gameplay, but still in a similar 'adventure' style to the games mentioned above??

Any recommendations, YT links and trailers much appreciated. :)

(PC or XBox format plz)

Ste.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Well, from what I've tried on the PC - some good ones are:-

• Dragon Age
  • Baldur's Gate II - very old now with dated graphics, but a HUGE game - still one of the benchmarks in the genre.
  • Oblivion - Game of The Year Edition (again, huge)
  • Torchlight - very straight-forward dungeon hack, but a few of the devs are from the Diablo background - and you can certainly see the influence.
  • The Witcher : Enhanced Edition
  • Heroes of Might & Magic 5 - superb game that, but it's more of a cross between RPG and strategy than an adventure game.

For pure adventure-type games...

• Fahrenheit
  • The Longest Journey & Dreamfall

D.

Maxi Megane and 182
As said already, Baldurs Gate 2 is an awesome game but looks its age now.
Playing Fallout 3 at the moment and totally addicted. Not really an adventure game though as its shoot 'um up/RPG.
Can't think of anything I have played lately that is along the same lines as the games you have listed but then again I am not a massive game player anyway.

Octy VRS
I'd go with Oblivion, even after 4 years it still looks and plays like any current offerings. It's a massive game.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_4

If you like that then try Fallout 3 which uses the same engine. That should keep you busy until next year. Dragon's age origins is also very good I hear but I haven't played it.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I think Ste might have meant "Point 'n' Click" adventure rather than RPG (judging from the Monkey Island and Simon the Sorcerer references).

To be honest mate, there haven't been so many of these types of games since the 'golden era' of LucasArts (the time when The Dig, Monkey Island, Full Throttle, Sam 'n' Max, Broken Sword, Day of the Tentacle, etc. were released). There have been a few remakes of some of those titles recently - typically with episodic content - so it might be worth checking out.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
:S

rpg7a6dm.jpg

? ? ?

Clio 172 PH2 Flamer
the new monkey island adventures are available now too, love the monkey island games :)

And as above, spent too many hours on fallout 3 once you get into it!