ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

advice needed on sub/amp

hi all

most of my setup in my car is pioneer and i want to get some pioneer subs and an amp.

i am looking at this for my setup which would be 2x12" ts-305c subs and the gmx962 amp to power them (was going for the gmx972 amp but pionner are not making it now due to a design fault) and the 2 subs would be in a box.

just wanted to know if this would be quite a good set up and would it be quite loud and basey, the subs are 800w i think each.

i dont know much about ice so just wanted peoples advice

First of all take the carpet out of you boot and use it as a template to make a false floor wiv MDF. Once you have done this you will be able to screw your Amp and maybe Sub to the false floor and not your car boot. Personally I would go for two seperate boxes for your 12" subs ( the 305cs are quite good ) with the correct cc for each sub ! You could get a jackson fireforce F1502 1500w 2 channel for the subs !

this is what i was looking at this deal here, its all got to be pioneer as the rest of the car is pioneer.

Pioneer
2x305C+962+Box44
£269.99

+

+

sorry did noyt work its on cel-direct website, i have a false floor now at the moment was going to put the amp in that, i will have it fitted somewhere anyway cause im useless with that sort of thing, just wanted to know if they were quite good subs and amp.

Pioneer subs sound fine but depends on what kind of sound/loudness you want and if you want things to match For me sound quality comes first, and so none of my stuff "matches". For the price you are looking at I would prefer rockford subs and a suitable class d amp as a/b amps will probably have less power than a class d for the same price. As I said tho if you want your stuff to match then pioneer is fine.

If it makes you feel any better here is my setup-

Pioneer Headunit

CDT components

genesis amps

diamond audio sub

See? Nowt matches! But sounds great! :D

well ive gone for 2 x 12" pioneer subs ts-w305c with a pioneer class d amp model gm-d500m the class d amp is £300 the one im getting and subs are £85 each getting all the custom box and cables and fitted with all the above for £525 told is should sound pretty good so we will see next sat, but its got 2 be better then what i have now which is an pioneer amplified sub tube of 200w so will be alot better.

yeah itll deffinately be a lot better than your amplified tube ! specially as youve gone for 12" subs ! they produce a deeper bass than a 10" or 8" ! let us know how it sounds ! btw the subs where the winner in last months Max Power sub and amp test so should be good !

yes was told in the shop 12" is best with a top of the range class d amp, i know there are better subs e.g infinty but my whole install is pioneer so that why i went for pioneer best subs and amp i let you know how it get on if you are going to donny south you will see my car on our stand.

i hope it souds good? :D

well i dont know how they will do it but its getting fitted professionally so i dont care how they do it as long as it looks good and sounds good :D

well i cant have the pioneer amp now been told i have to wait 6 months if i want that, so now im going for a alpine class d 350rms to each sub its the alpine mrp-m350 amp and i wont be able to have my amp on show athe front of the sub box either so amp will be hidden behind the subs now oh well still should rock though, i hope.