ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice needed please

Black Gold 182 W/CupPacks
Hi all, hate to be a pain with my first post but I am going to look at a 182 on thursday, and I want to check a couple of things, I notice the car has the darker wheels and this normally denotes that it has had the cup suspension fitted but I want to make totally sure it has and that a previous owner has not just fitted the wheels, as the dealer seems a bit clueless. :(
So are the springs or dampers a different colour or anything? or maybe there are other giveaways I dont know about?
The first clio I test drove had both packs fitted and I loved the drive and now I really really want one lol but unfortunately the dealer was a spanner so I didnt buy that one, so I want to make sure this car is the same before I splash the cash as it seems like a mint motor otherwise, 04 plate 20k on the clock in black @ 8grand.

Many many thanks for any help thrown this way :)

Last edited:
So are the springs or dampers a different colour or anything? or maybe there are other giveaways I dont know about?
The first clio I test drove had both packs fitted and I loved the drive and now I really really want one lol but unfortunately the dealer was a spanner so I didnt buy that one,

Measure the distance between the center top and bottom nuts which hold the damper to the hub if ther 60mm its got the cup pack if its 54mm its a none cuped your right there are cars which have/havn't the wheels and can
and cannot have the kit.

This may help you
Guide on how to measure your front hub spacing
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=224375

Even the original build sheet is no use since its all swopable in a few hours.

Thanks for that, this car also seems to have some odd looking fins fitted on the roof at the back towards the spoiler, I rekon i'll be asking the dealer to remove them as they look a bit daft. Makes me wonder what else the previous owners done to it.... Ill be looking at it very carefully on thursday I rekon.

The fins
Fins.gif

Da

Less
Evo fins aren't they? Sure I've seen them in carbon on the new Evo? As for the Cup suspension the only way is as Edde says and I think the car sits about 5mm lower than an un-cupped model. Not that you'd be able to tell.

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
my god why does that black clio look so sexy ?? wats do diffrent about it, nothing from what i can see but it looks so good!!!!

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
yeah a hate it sumtimes a look at ma clio n fink ti dotn look that good but in reality it aint no diffrent maybe im in need of lowering to make me happier!!

Golf GTI PP Mk7
was gonna say, looks like a halfrauds baragin bin ripseed jobby, get them off son.

why dont u ask the dealer to look on the system and see if the car left the factory with the cup packs?

Well just got back from having a gander, the dealer read my mind and had already removed the silly fin things.
It did indeed have the cup pack fitted so thanks for the measurements edde :)
It also had lowering springs fitted dunno what make they were but they were red and were tightly coiled and made the ride even firmer than I remember from my first test drive on the other clio.
All in all very pleased with it, pulled like a fricking train and cornered incredibly well presumably due to the cup pack + springs.
The result?
Me with a grin and a free saturday morning next week to pick it up :D