ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice on a camera please

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
I am a complete novice to the world of cameras so i am looking for some help and advice please.

Going away on holiday in September and want to get a new digital camera(mine is currently about 10 years old)as the scenery is supposed to be awesome with the sunsets.Want something that really takes good pictures in all conditions as this is a holiday we want to remember.Will probably use the camera for track day pics(trying to catch pics of Morky is an art in itself with the speed he goes) and other things.Have a budget of up to £350 and dont really want to go beyond it.Any help and advice would be really grateful.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
The general consensus is buy a Nikon or a Cannon but you would need a bit more than £350.

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
How much are we talking?.Remember im no David Bailey and just want something that takes really good pictures,not really fussed if it can do loads of other things i would never use.

Thanks for help though.

TeZ

Non RS : (
No get this

Nikon D40 The new Nikon D40 boasts handling and performance advantages that eliminate the frustrations often associated with compact digital cameras. The careful design allows users to take breathtaking pictures without the need to "learn" photography. Featuring a high-resolution 6.1-effective-megapixel Nikon DX Format CCD image sensor and a highly advanced Nikon Image Processing Engine, the D40 produces exceptional image detail with true, vivid colours. For more details click here
D40_136.jpg

Sensor: CCD - 6.1 Million pixels
Image Size: 3008 x 2000
Lens: Takes Nikkor lenses (Details)
Focus: TTL Auto/Manual
Exposure: Vari-program/A/AP/SP/M
Metering: 3D Matrix/CW/Spot
Monitor: 2.5" TFT LCD
Movie Mode: No
Storage: SD Memory Cards
Batteries: Li-ion Pack
AC Adaptor: Optional
Video Output: Yes
Size/Weight: 133x102x76mm - 540g
Transfer: USB (Mac & PC)
Technical details: click here Included Accessories: EN-EL9 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery, MH-23 Quick Charger, UC-E4 USB Cable, PictureProject, DK-16 Rubber Eyecup, Camera Strap, BF-1A Body Cap, DK-5 Eyepiece Cap, BS-1 Accessory Shoe Cap Please be aware the Nikon D40 only accepts Nikon AFS Lenses Nikon D40 Black plus
AF-S DX 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II £330 or £16mth Only £270 including Cashback

**warehouse express*

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Might need a longer reach lens though, so would have to budget for that.

TeZ

^ yes but for a beginer KDF i think thats a great lil DSLR, yes get a better lens but for £330 cant go wrong imo

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
Nikon D40 Black plus
AF-S DX 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II £330

Is it worth getting it with this option of lens ^^

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
Sorry my mistake,misread the article.Thanks for the help,will have a chat with the missus when she gets in from work and probably go for this one.If you think of anything else in the meantime,please let me know.

Thanks again.

Chris

TeZ

yeah will do mate wil pm you, also others will prob be adding to this thread so watch this space mate

TeZ

EOS 350D
DigitalCameraBuyer_EditorsC.gif
PCFormat_GoldAward.gif
The new 8-Megapixel EOS 350D DIGITAL is the digital SLR to choose when you’re looking for professional-level performance with comfortable simplicity. Canon has further refined its EOS design to create the world’s lightest digital SLR body. Even when using the ideal EOS 350D DIGITAL lens, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, with the Battery Pack NB-2LH, this popular combination still barely weighs 715g. For more details click here

Best D-SLR
Entry Level
2004-2005
Sensor: CMOS - 8.0 Million pixels
Image Size: 3456x2304 Pixels
Lens: Takes all Canon EF lenses
Focus: TTL 7 point focusing/Manual
Exposure: Auto/Program/AP/SP/M
Metering: 35 Zone Eval/CW/Partial
Monitor: 1.8" TFT
Other Features: Simultaneously RAW and JPEG capture
Storage: CompactFlash 1/11, Microdrive
Batteries: Rechargeable Lithium-ion
Size/Weight: 126x94x64mm - 480g
Transfer: USB 2.0 (Mac & PC)
Technical details: click here Included accessories: Rechargeable battery NB-2LH, Charger CB-2LTE, Eyecup EF, Camera cover RF3, Neck strap, USB & Video cables, CD ROM software, User guide
Recommended Accessories for the Canon EOS 350D Canon EOS-350D plus
EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II £379 or £15mth

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
Everything it lists just baffles me..lol..I dont understand 90% of the settings.Like i said,im a complete novice and will probably take ages to figure out how to turn it on.

TeZ

well if u start with one of these u will soon be making really nice pics mate start getting a Digital camera magazine to read up on the nohow..

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Even these camera's still have auto modes for most of the functions. They can be 'dumbed' down to nothing more than a point and click camera if you want them to be.

Then, when you start to learn more their powers can be unleashed.

TeZ

^ my point exactly KDF ppl often have no idea what things are capable of in there DSLR's even after using for years they stay with auto lamo

Unless you know how to use it, you might as well get a compact camera. Unless you actually want to learn it all. But if you're just going to take it on holiday, put it on auto and take pics, then a decent compact camera would do, and be a damn sight cheaper.

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
No get this

Nikon D40 The new Nikon D40 boasts handling and performance advantages that eliminate the frustrations often associated with compact digital cameras. The careful design allows users to take breathtaking pictures without the need to "learn" photography. Featuring a high-resolution 6.1-effective-megapixel Nikon DX Format CCD image sensor and a highly advanced Nikon Image Processing Engine, the D40 produces exceptional image detail with true, vivid colours. For more details click here
D40_136.jpg

Sensor: CCD - 6.1 Million pixels
Image Size: 3008 x 2000
Lens: Takes Nikkor lenses (Details)
Focus: TTL Auto/Manual
Exposure: Vari-program/A/AP/SP/M
Metering: 3D Matrix/CW/Spot
Monitor: 2.5" TFT LCD
Storage: SD Memory Cards
Batteries: Li-ion Pack
Video Output: Yes
Size/Weight: 133x102x76mm - 540g
Transfer: USB (Mac & PC)
Technical details: click here Included Accessories: EN-EL9 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery, MH-23 Quick Charger, UC-E4 USB Cable, PictureProject, DK-16 Rubber Eyecup, Camera Strap, BF-1A Body Cap, DK-5 Eyepiece Cap, BS-1 Accessory Shoe Cap Please be aware the Nikon D40 only accepts Nikon AFS Lenses Nikon D40 Black plus
AF-S DX 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II £330 or £16mth Only £270 including Cashback

**warehouse express*

£270!?!?!? f**king HELL
Think its time for me to look for a new camera..hmmm d80